Whats up with MAME ROM's?O_O

Guys there is a weird thing,some (not much) MAME games weight like 10 MB and they're fully functioning.

BUT there is A LOT of ROM's that weight like 20kb-100kb that's TOO LITE for a game!!!! + I tried to get it work..and it doesn't!!! >_<

I mean some of them weight 5-20MB and some are nothing(5kb)...and those that weight nothing don't work!Whats up with that?! =_=

Thanks VERY MUCH for help!

The problem you are having is that you don't have the parent sets (in this case, for Gun.Smoke), only clones which do not run without the parent set (gunsmoke).

Judging by the screenshots you gave, you only have two different US clone sets (gunsmokeu and gunsmokea) plus Gun.Smoke for the Famicom Disk System, which isn't an arcade rom anyway.

Furthermore, you tried to run Gun.Smoke (Japan), a clone set that you don't even have. Gun.Smoke (World) is the needed parent set. I also suggest that you don't run games from the "All Games" category, unless you know exactly what sets you have. Use the "Available" category, so that MAME only lists the sets you really have.

Oh really?..O_o

It's for Famicom Disk System?!But I dowloaded it from M.A.M.E section...weird.And there is a bunch of other games on M.A.M.E sites/sections for dowload..that weight around 10-50kb...

And if I looking for a good 2D arcade graphicts (I mean 90s NOT 80s) where should I look?

what the?!every possible game for MAME that I want to dowload is less then 100kb!(((((

Ohh come one..nothing runs at all(((( what should I do?...

Check out this site for every mame rom (no rom download ! - just information for all roms )

http://www.mameworld.net/maws/

To run Gun Smoke you need : "Gun.Smoke (World)" 244 KB .This is the parent rom.

Gun.Smoke (Japan)

Gun.Smoke (US set 1)

Gun.Smoke (US set 2) these are clones .

And remember :Download just "mame roms " for your mame32 version

Edited by Jaegermeister

what the?!every possible game for MAME that I want to dowload is less then 100kb!(((((

Ohh come one..nothing runs at all(((( what should I do?...

Some games are that size because they old games.

You need to stop downloading the clone sets, Until you can understand the difference between Parent and clone sets.