DC widescreen

Dreamcast games with Widescreen options:

-Donald Duck's Quack Attack

-F355 Challenge

-Metropolis Street Racer (16:9 is an unlockable feature for some odd reason)

-NASCAR Thunder

-Rayman 2

-Star Lancer

-Test Drive V-Rally

-Tokyo Highway Challenge 2

-Toy Commander

-Toy Racer

-Trickstyle

-Wacky Races

Every other game is 4:3 only, and even the 16:9 ones require your TV to be set as such. As long as your TV is half decent, anything can be properly displayed in widescreen. I watch regular cable in widescreen, play even my 3DO in widescreen. The TV does an exellent job of resizing and sampling.

If you have standard definition cable TV, you'll easily be able to tell if it scales. Set the TV to display 16:9 and feed it the 4:3 from SD cable source. If the image sits in the center of the screen with black bars on the sides, it's not scaling.

This doesn't mean you can't make it scale, you'd just have to read your manual or check in the menus somewhere. I couldn't get much info from the LG website.

im in the uk. i dont have cable though i have noticed on the freeview channels sometimes when a program starts or goes off for the adverts it kind of resizes itself.

i got gta trilogy for xbox (running on the 360) and vice city and san an are ok but gta3 has borders can i looked in the menus at 'screen' and it was already on 16:9 and the only option was zoom, which never done much. though this was on 'component'. though each av ports have different/more options in 'screen'. hopefully whatever av channel the VGA runs on will have an option