Need a bit of help from DS owners

Mooney

As some of you may have noticed, I have recently posted a buyer's guide on NDS flashcards. Included in this guide is a section on how to check the firmware that is installed on your DS. I would like to include original pictures (Not ones taken from other websites) of each firmware so readers have an easier time identifying their firmware. Since I only have a DS Lite, I cannot get all the pictures I need by myself. If you could just follow these quick steps to find your firmware version, take a picture, and send it to me, that would be awesome.

How to check your firmware

1. Insert an official (commercial) GBA or NDS cartridge into the DS.

2. Turn on your DS, enter Pictochat, and enter any chat room.

3. Once you have entered the chat room, remove the GBA or NDS cartridge from the DS without turning the DS off.

4. Something should happen to both your screens, usually a change in color.

Firmwares Needed

- No change in color (Pictochat freezes): Firmware v1

- Both screens turn blue-gray: Firmware v2

- Both screens turn dark green: Firmware v3 (iQue DS systems have this firmware)

- Both screens turn yellow: Firmware v4

- Both screens turn magenta: Firmware v5 (Most DS Lites have this firmware)

- Both screens turn dark blue: Firmware v6

Credit will be given to the photographer.

Thanks! :P

Bump

Come on, folks! I need a little help here! <_<

I took two photos.. Getting my camera to get a good shot of the purple color seemed almost impossible. Then I realized that's the one you don't need anymore. :boxed2:

Thanks for the though, but yeah, I already have a picture of the DS Lite. :boxed2: Anyway, a friend of mine over at 1up, lakalt, has sent me a few pictures.

Many thanks to iq_132 who sent me a pic of v2! :thumbsup1: So I guess I have all of the most common firmwares covered... still, if someone still has a DS they got on the launch date (Prolly has v1), don't hesitate to post a pic... or if you have the elusive v6.

Many thanks to iq_132 who sent me a pic of v2! :thumbsup1: So I guess I have all of the most common firmwares covered... still, if someone still has a DS they got on the launch date (Prolly has v1), don't hesitate to post a pic... or if you have the elusive v6.

I have V1 but no way to take the Pics till Later On.

EDIT:Mooney: why dont you just take a pic of any DS on Pictochat as it will look the same

Edited by GoRDoOnE

EDIT:Mooney: why dont you just take a pic of any DS on Pictochat as it will look the same

:ph34r:

HOT DAMN! Can't believe I didn't think of that before... but it would have to be a "fat" DS, so it would look *kinda* real.

:ph34r:

HOT DAMN! Can't believe I didn't think of that before... but it would have to be a "fat" DS, so it would look *kinda* real.

Cough*Photoshop*cough. If you want i can do it for you if u send me the two pics to work with ;)