ATi's DX10 Cards

Shibathedog

Get back to me when high end cards aren't $800 for something thats just a little bit faster with a little more memory. Fanboys F**KING SUCK, and are the ONLY reason that GPU makers have a severe lack of innovation, yet can still get people to pay $800 for a video card that requires a 2nd power supply.

Get back to me when high end cards aren't $800 for something thats just a little bit faster with a little more memory. Fanboys F**KING SUCK, and are the ONLY reason that GPU makers have a severe lack of innovation, yet can still get people to pay $800 for a video card that requires a 2nd power supply.

I agree wholeheartedly. At this point I don't see that much reason to have such an expensive card. Yeah sure its nice to have one but by the time that its actually necessary the prices will be so much lower. I'll wait until they create a better way to dish these out either cheaper or something else.

Oh im not going to be buying it, I just want it to come out so the price of the X1950XTX will go down.

DX10 is too new to buy into yet, everything out now is going to be come such crap so quickly. I remember when the GeForce 6 came out not THAT long ago and it was the greatest thing ever, look at it now. It probably had the shortest high end life out of any card.

I'm glad the most modern game that's played on my PC is The Sims 2 (by my girlfriend, got it for her for Christmas). The only PC game I play is Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year -- I played World of Warcraft for a while -- but quit. I mostly just emulate old consoles and the sort. I rock a ATi Radeon 9200 Pro.

My 9800 Pro is more than enough for the games I have. The only real random hiccups occur when playing real hi-end games like F.E.A.R. and especially its expansion.

While I do play lots of PC games, I'm mostly geared towards emulation and conosole, so having bleeding edge hardware is not very high on my list.