Raine 0.50.0 : beta or final ? released

Robert

Arcade emulator

Wow, 0.50.0 is finally released !!!

You can go to the Downloads section to grab the source, the windows binary, or to have a look at the huge changelog (including some but not all the changes since 0.43.4, there were really too many changes this time). I really didn't think I would be able to add so many features to this one so fast, it's been quite a crazy week of coding this time !

I hope you'll enjoy this version, I tried to finally get rid of as many allegro awkward things as possible, and it should really be better on many aspects ! It's not totally finished yet, there is no support for all the emudx games yet (just pacman/ms pac-man for now), and no audio options, but there are enough things in to call it "almost final" ! I have even made a debian package, and finally fixed the "make install" target in the makefile for those compiling it. Also raine.dat is totally gone now...

raine (0.50.0-2) unstable; urgency=low

* Fixed crash in Video info dialog

* Added "Fullscreen" option, in the video options dialog

* Fixed double buffering when fullscreen is enabled (windows)

* Added a messagebox to be able to read the error messages when trying to load a game

* Fixed a few more bugs in the game drivers (like crashing when loading a specific game after another)

* Completely removed the references to yasm in the makefile for the linux version.

* Added a gui options dialog (font, auto-repeat, transparency)

* Added controls dialogs (emulator & game controls, default & custom)

* Fixed joystick handliing (only the gamepads could work previously !)

* Fixed the scrollbars behaviour

* Added automatic repeat for joystick in the gui (same parameters as the keyboard, you can tune them with the gui options dialog).

* enhanced menu browsing with joystick (left = page up, right = page down, and up/down cycles around the list)

* windows specific : stdout & stderr are used again instead of stdout.txt and stderr.txt. This should allow rom utilities to work again with raine.

Notice that if you want to do that while building your own version of raine, then you need to build your own version of sdl with a specific parameter to the configure script.

* New cheats dialog - only allow to enable/disable cheats, not to edit them for now. It shows the infos at the bottom of the screen if the cheat has some info though (it wasn't done in the allegro version).

* The return of EmuDX : for now only pacman and Ms Pacman. And all the pengo driver has come back with this. Notice : the emudx rendering is compatible with the yuv overlays, so you can freely resize the window without any problem and choose your prefered size.

* A very nice new logo for the about dialog from NoLogic (new palette cycling code for it !).

* Finally took the time to fix the "make install" target of the makefile. It allows to build a clean debian package again.

Source / Download