PSP:3.0 OE-A Release Rumored

news via Mathieulh

This is the 3.0 OE-A pre-release thread (this will be the final name, it stands for Open Edition)

Here is a non-exhaustive list of its features:

Unchanged since 2.71SE-C:

- Can run homebrew using 1.50 kernel (same compatibility as 2.71 SE-C)

- Recovery menu

- Built-in iso/cso support (appears in the vsh under the GAME menu)

Changed since 2.71SE-C:

- Runs 3.02 vsh

- Can run homebrew using 3.02 kernel

Removed since 2.71SE-C:

- Location Free player

- Korean fonts

Added since 2.71SE-C:

- UMD-VIDEO Region free

- PSP kernel Region selector

- O/X button selector

- WMA enabling option

- Flash player enabling option

- Pops (SCE psone emulator) drm protection hacked (that means that you can now your games in more than one psp and share those over the internet)

Very Interesting News, as soon as any more news appears we will have it.

EDIT: Firstly people, i didn't know anything about this until a few minutes before posting the News, so i do not know the answer to half of your questions.

Secondly, do not expect this tonight, i simply copied this from maxconsole which seems to be at a different timezone to dcemu, this could be out anytime tonight or tomorrow (possibly latter if there are any problems found with it that need fixing).

Thirdly, the PSX emu hack lets you share with other people, which means you can play PS1 games without a PS3, however, the games have to be the ones gotten from the playstation store and distributing them is illegal.

Finally, i do not know if Dark_AleX is working on this, but my guess is that he is, as this is basically a souped up version of 2.71 SE. This is 2.71 SE with 3.02 instead of 2.71

Original Thread: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46670

Indeed another great day for the PSP.

The Maxconsole thread is confusing though... is Dark AleX actually behind this? I would only trust an alpha version if it turns out to be his work.

EDIT: Released

LinkyLinky

And YES is it by DAX himself so for people like me who care, rest easy. Im going off to try it now.

Edited by DragonKeeper

It sure is. You do it the same way you got to SE-B from 1.50 or whatever. Grab the 1.50 and 3.02 eboot updates from Sony, use the UpdateMaker, then use the created DATA.DXAR with the OE-AFlasher, both of which come in the OE-A download. Step by step instructions are included in the readme... DAX just makes it so easy for us.

Reasons why you should upgrade are...

-ALL 3.02 firmware features (including PS1 games via a PS3 if you have them, as well as visualisations, new network connection settings and all that remote play stuff)

-Kernal Region Selector (so you can make yourself a Jap version PSP, for example, which is the only version that has the 'PSPTV' option)

-UMD movies are region free

-PS1 games are region free

-PS1 games DRM is hacked, which means no limit to how many PSPs you copy to

Also, the UMD emulation from the Game > Memory Stick menu has a much higher compatibility than 2.71SE. Guilty Gear Slash in the Jap version of Judgement works now, where it doesnt on SE-B. Conversely, No-UMD emulation compatibility is lesser now :/ But who cares about that?

Sweet! Released! I guess if it was made by DAX, and DragonKeeper approves, I should get it! :blink:

EDIT: I upgraded, and it was definitely worth it! HIGHLY recommended! :(

Edited by Mooney