Im sick and tired of my WRT54GS

Shibathedog

Yeah, i said it, im bashing Linksys, I dont love you anymore. Im tired of my choked to less than half my internet speed wireless speeds (it could be caused by my router not wanting to play nice with my neighbors, but thats stupid i had a friend bring his router over and his worked fine, so im done blaming the neighbors for everything), and im tired of having to reboot the router and all its stupid crashing (with DD-WRT and the official firmware)

anyway, im trying to decide between the D-Link DGL-4300 and the NetGear WPNT834 for my new router.

Personally I have this hatred towards NetGear, I cant really explain why, but if it ends up being the better router ill get it anyway. According to Toms Hardware they seem to be basically the same spec wise. Anyone here know anything about the two? Maybe even something better than both of them?

Im not really interested in MIMO or Wireless N and SRX and all that garbage, i pretty much just want a Wireless B/G network going here, thats fast, and reliable. I have VOIP phone service so the internet dropping out HAS to stop. Id eventually like to switch all (or at least most) of my PCs/Laptops to Wireless A, But its not going to fit into my budget anytime soon, so i figure ill just buy a Wireless A Access point later on down the road or something.

I own some Netgear hardware, and I'll tell you this........my switches are mounted on the wall, and they've fallen off in the past.

Linksys in the garbage because it broke, NetGear 10mbit hub (Use it for internet only) is still working flawlessly. I just replaced the 10/100 Linksys switch with a NetGear one too :P

Oh and until you go at least N, you aren't going to have excellent reliability. Wireless hardware is just not as reliable as wired. Why don't you hardwire your VOIP?

my VOIP is hardwired, its just that the router crashes every time i do anything high traffic (like bittorrent or playing a game online)

Wireless N i dont trust yet, its not been around long enough, everyone i know that adopted it early has problems

its just retarded that my internet speed is supposed to be something like 3000/384 and im getting 1300/270, wireless B and G SHOULD be able to handle that, i dont transfer things between computers too often so im not really concerned with the loss of speed there