nLite

Mooney

I figured out a bit too late that nLite is supposed to be used before you install Windows. So, this prompted some questions:

1. I've already installed Windows; is there any way I can still use nLite without reformatting?

2. If I would have to reformat/uninstall Windows, would it really be worth it?

3. How are you even supposed to run it without Windows being installed? :blink:

Thanks!

3. How are you even supposed to run it without Windows being installed? :P

How do you suppose the Windows installer runs without windows being installed? How do you suppose Knoppix runs without being installed? :blink: :blink:

How do you suppose the Windows installer runs without windows being installed? How do you suppose Knoppix runs without being installed? :blink: :blink:

From a disk... :huh: You download nLite as a Windows Installer! How the fsk does that work?!? :blink:

Edited by Mooney

From a disk... :huh: You download nLite as a Windows Installer! How the fsk does that work?!? :blink:

No, you download nLlite and install it (while the Windows install you are using is running) You then grab your WinXP disc and access the disc's data with whatever file manager you use (most likely explorer). Make a new folder anywhere on you hd, then select all of the data in the disc and copy it into the folder on your hd.

What nLite does is modify what is in the folder that contains the data of your WinXP disc and creates an iso.

Once you get good at installing windows you can have a new installation set up the way you like it within 2 hours or so.

Nlite is great for getting rid of extra crap. You can also slipstream programs and windows hotfixes into the installation. So it saves you time the next time you install windows.