Sound Issues with Mame32 Plus! .109

arjay

hey yall, i just downloaded Mame32 Plus! .109 today since the regular mame32 is pretty slow on my comp. while the speed is greatly improved, the sound is still quite blaring and breaks up at certain points (in all games). is there anything i can do in the options to fix this?

thanks again,

rj

yeah, loud enough for the sound to break up and have some static. since i have a separate set of speakers from my comp, i can adjust the volume so it isnt so loud. but even when i turn it down, i can hear static and the sound break up.

ive tried lowering the volume in the default game options, but nothing worked. i also tried to change the sample rate as well. any suggestions?

From my experience (and this is on my system) the sound can have occasional hitches in it regardless of the game. I don't know if this has something to do with the Direct3D9 renderer (the hitches seem to be less frequent with Direc3D8) or my drivers. However, it doesn't bother me tht much I don't think I've ever had similar problems as the OP.

Do you have Auto adjust volume checked?

hey guys. yeah a day ago i was playing around with the sound settings, and it seems that none of them will remedy my problem. i did, however, play around with the graphical settings like agoozer suggested and i noticed some changes. the sounds actually worsened when i changed it to Direct3D8, and improved as i changed it to DirectDraw. so i assume my problem is graphical. is there anything i can play around with there?

much appreciated