Glitch help!

Mooney

Yeah, but now I've got one that restarting won't solve. :blink: I have a DVD burner, (Internal, Memorex, Dual Layer, Double Sided, 16x) and it had been happily installed and working for about 8 months. Then, one day, all of a sudden, I opened My Computer, and it was gone. :unsure: Its little icon was not there under "Devices With Removable Storage," but the Device Manager said it was still there and working fine. However, when I put a disc in, it seems to be working fine (The light blinks, the DVD tray works...) but nothing will pop up on my PC, and the disc will not be read. Then I pop it in my CD drive, and it works fine. What the heck is going on? Is this a hardware problem? :regurg:

You didn't stick a Sony protected CD in it by chance did you?

I don't think so... why? :-)

Sony's "excellent" rootkit DRM can mess up your system pretty badly (like making CD drives disappear, etc), so...

:-) Geez... I hope I didn't... Here are the DVD's I can remember using recently:

Oblivion (Official disc, not burned)

MS Visual Studio 2005 (Not the "original" disc...)

Even though explorer won't recognize it, the Device Manager still shows it and ASTRA32 says it's still there... :clapping:

what do you want now? i 'm busy i cant help you out right now

Um... actually, the title is "Glitch Help," not "GLiTcH, Help!" :clapping:

Anyway, Tweakui did the trick! My drive is back and all is well. :-) Thanks for everyone's help!