Anyone know where I can find a movelist or FAQ on Samurai Shodown 6?

garyoak99

You're talking about Samurai Spirits: Tenkaichi Kenkakuden, right (there's no SS6 per se). I did some Google searches but so far I've come across a few japanese sites that won't help you much. I'll keep looking.

EDIT: Oh man, how did I managed to overlook this: http://www.cyberfanatix.com/page.php?id=48...6321e42a1edec8e

You're talking about Samurai Spirits: Tenkaichi Kenkakuden, right (there's no SS6 per se). I did some Google searches but so far I've come across a few japanese sites that won't help you much. I'll keep looking.

EDIT: Oh man, how did I managed to overlook this: http://www.cyberfanatix.com/page.php?id=48...6321e42a1edec8e

Thanks for that link! The strange thing is that my local arcade calls Samurai Spirits: Tenkaichi Kenkakuden Samurai Shodown 6 and when I Google Samurai Shodown 6 I get this game described in Wikipedia! :D

I tried Google AND GameFAQs; I don't know WHY a certain someone keeps thinking there is ANY gameplay information about THIS game at GameFAQs. :blink:

The link is good except that the fighting styles or grooves are in Japanese characters so I don't know which ones they're describing in the FAQ.

The strange thing is that the ENGLISH version at my local arcade has them in Roman numerals from I to VI. I'm guessing since ken is the default selection as described in the FAQ that it is the first one but I still don't know which ones match up to which Japanese character in my Japanese version of the game.

ken

shin

do

rei

ten

zan

Could someone show me what each of these words look like in their Japanese counterparts? :best:

It's really hard to give you accurate kanjis, since each word has at least 5 different meaning depending on the kanjis used.

ken = fist (拳)

rei = peak, summit (嶺), wise (嶺), garment, clothes (衣), rope (維), dark, black (黎), age (齢)

do (dozens of variations)

ten = sky, heavens (天)

zan = mountain (山)

We call it Tenka (天拳) around here though, don't we d00ds?

Well, in the west it could be different, some people have refered this game as 6, while others don't. Seeing how it's a dream match and not part of the offical canon (like FFS).

It's really hard to give you accurate kanjis, since each word has at least 5 different meaning depending on the kanjis used.

ken = fist (拳)

rei = peak, summit (嶺), wise (嶺), garment, clothes (衣), rope (維), dark, black (黎), age (齢)

do (dozens of variations)

ten = sky, heavens (天)

zan = mountain (山)

Thanks! The ten matches what I suspected the character was (anyone who has played Gouki/Akuma would know it :D )

That just leaves five characters now:

ken

shin

do

rei

zan

I included a link to the image to narrow it down to just six! Could you match the names to the characters better with it now?

Picture of Fighting grooves/styles/spirits

Use the search feature, just before the game came out offically, theres a whole thread explaining the system that I posted with alot of details from the beta tests and beyond.