nullDC news update

Gryph

Bobbi of NGEmu posted a nice update on the Dreamcast emulator, nullDC.

But let's start with some real facts directly from the authors this time: The authors are ZeZu, known from the never released Icarus project, and drk||Raziel. The emu, unlike mentioned in some other news posts, will not be open source. It uses plugins for emulating video / sound / input and gdrom functionality, so other authors will be able to contribute to the project easily.

During the development, the authors decided to set compatibility above speed. This resulted in a nice compatibility, but requires better hardware to emulate the games at full speed (an Athlon64 3000+ with a GeForce 6600 produces great results).

I like that they are focusing on compatibility. The Dreamcast emulation scene has seemed a bit quiet for a while so I hope things will change now. I can't wait to see what they have been working on.

>> Click here for full news post with pictures.

I've been keeing my eyes on this for a while and it looks damn promising now that many have completely given up on Chankast releases.

Yes, compatibility deserves more attention than speed. More games will work thanks to this approach.