questions about Xbox Media Center

I have a copy of a game that is scratched up just to the point of sometimes it plays, sometimes it dont. I tried to load it to my hardrive last night but apparently its to far scratched to do that. Now I have three unusable icons under the "Xbox games" tab of my Xbox media center. Does anyone know how to remove these icons?

I have a copy of a game that is scratched up just to the point of sometimes it plays, sometimes it dont. I tried to load it to my hardrive last night but apparently its to far scratched to do that. Now I have three unusable icons under the  "Xbox games" tab of my Xbox media center. Does anyone know how to remove these icons?

One sure way is to delete the "MyPrograms##.db" file (where ## = some number). Go to the file browser and select the "Q" drive (Q = the XBMC install directory). I forget the exact location of that since it changed recently, but just check the various folders. Try the "system" folder first.

In the latest versions it's located here: \\UserData\Database

But if you haven't loaded a new version in the past couple of weeks it will be elsewhere.

Anyway, once you find that file in the file explorer highlight it by hitting "Y", then hit the White button to bring up a menu, and then select "Delete". This will force XBMC to rescan and rebuild it's database for the MyPrograms section and should get rid of any "stuck" icons. But make sure you delete the game files for the failed copy first (if you haven't done so already).

you can press the white button in my programs and choose rescan database this will update it to its correct status. If its still shown there must be a file with an default.xbe in somewhere you will have to delete the folders that have the bad game data in and then rescan the database :P

Edited by BritneysPAIRS