M$ GENUINE WHAT?

Mag

yea my cousin's pc gets that ting now and this is after i told him not to accept the genuine update but his father does it anyway :rolleyes:

mines isn't genuine either but i don't get that thing but thats due to the fact i didn't agree to get the last genuine crap out that the security center kept nagging me for (which you can decline and won't ask you again for it).

but in the end, i'm getting a legit full version oem xp pro for $105 shipped http://store.prostores.com/servlet/softwarex/StoreFront which isn't bad compared to ebay sellers ripping ppl off just on shipping ($15-$16 :blink:) tho i also seen academic upgrade version of xp pro for a lil less but you'll need to fax over your student id or proof that you are a student just to get it.

Yeah well I can't use the Windows Update website anymore simply because the POS doesn't work properly.

The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running:

Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer)

Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted)

Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting, if needed)

They're ALL running and I've explicitly forced them into a started state just to be sure too. Windows Update refuses to tell me otherwise though.

Edit: Wow that was a quick fix. Set them all to "Automatic" and it works fine. Silly piece of s**t.

Not everyone is rich.  :P

Win XP is cheap these days.

yea my cousin's pc gets that ting now and this is after i told him not to accept the genuine update but his father does it anyway :rolleyes:

mines isn't genuine either but i don't get that thing but thats due to the fact i didn't agree to get the last genuine crap out that the security center kept nagging me for (which you can decline and won't ask you again for it).

but in the end, i'm getting a legit full version oem xp pro for $105 shipped http://store.prostores.com/servlet/softwarex/StoreFront which isn't bad compared to ebay sellers ripping ppl off just on shipping ($15-$16 :lol:) tho i also seen academic upgrade version of xp pro for a lil less but you'll need to fax over your student id or proof that you are a student just to get it.

You can get academic upgrade version here at Office works no ID needed.

the security center kept nagging me

That security center is the most annoying POS I've ever encountered. When I'm building pc's at work, the first thing I do is turn it off. It's a service, Stop and Disable it.

Not everyone is rich.  :P

Win XP is cheap these days.

but in the end, i'm getting a legit full version oem xp pro for $105 shipped http://store.prostores.com/servlet/softwarex/StoreFront which isn't bad compared to ebay sellers ripping ppl off just on shipping ($15-$16 :lol:) tho i also seen academic upgrade version of xp pro for a lil less but you'll need to fax over your student id or proof that you are a student just to get it.

You can get academic upgrade version here at Office works no ID needed.

Windows XP Pro (Full, not upgrade) has a retail market average of $299 still after how many years? How do you call that cheap?

Linux is free........$300 for an operating system that barely meets the criteria for being an operating system (It has to work, and most of the time it doesn't work properly!) is rediculous.