Poor babies!

Their data is wrong. How come Malaysia is not in the list? :D :D

Do I need to write to them that I can get any movies at USD3

at the corner of the street? Or I can get any games in the world for USD3 also? Or the latest software? :P

Envy me :D

Why envy you? Costs me nothing, save the cost of a blank disc. Piracy on the fronts you are in does need to be eradicated.

One downloading something and copying it is one thing, another copying and SELLING is another and those people need to be pimp slapped.

I'm not saying I'm an angel, but I don't get this logic. How does paying a few bucks to the middleman cross obtaining illegal ip into the unnacceptable?

Maybe because you're making a profit off something illegal? That's different entirely.

If you made something (Anything really) and a friend copied it and gave it to another friend, I doubt you'd be mad really.....maybe even flattered (As some artists consider it to be).

But if that friend turned around and copied what you made, and sold it to another friend for $20, I don't think you'd consider it flattery, and I don't think you'd be too impressed. I know I'd be asking for my $10 share.....

You're missing an important distinction. If I made something (anything really) with the intention of selling it to make a living and somebody copied it and gave it to somebody else, I'd be pretty pissed whether or not they got a couple bucks for it.

The bands and software companies that get heavily pirated, with a few exceptions, are not johnny-garage-band down the street, trying to get their art to the people any way they can. They are businesses selling a product, and by illegally re-distributing that product, whether you take a few bucks for it or not, you are ripping them off. You're lying to yourself if you think your favorite software developer, who is already trying hard to stay afloat in a crowded marketplace, thinks you're some kind of Robin Hood when you and your friendly peer-to-peer ripping group undermine their source of income.

Like I said, I'm no angel, but we're not fooling anybody trying to justify this kind of thing like this.

There is no justification, simply a lesser evil. Making money off it is far worse a crime, even in the laws eyes.

Ok, so I was kind of playing devil's advocate. I do believe it's a little worse to profit from illegal ip. However, I also think it's pretty hypocritical to vehemently oppose and publicly deride pirate vendors and their customers while you've got your hand up to the elbow in the cookie jar, so to speak.

That was what I was trying to get at, anyway. Nothing personal, mind you. We still coo' :P

I wouldn't mind buying music if I knew that the artist was actually profiting from my purchase. From what I've been hearing, they're signed into slave-labor contracts and then get something like 00.0000001% of sales. Not sure how a $20.00 album is justified...

I wouldn't mind buying music if I knew that the artist was actually profiting from my purchase.  From what I've been hearing, they're signed into slave-labor contracts and then get something like 00.0000001% of sales.  Not sure how a $20.00 album is justified...

I heard that the real big bucks for artists in the industry actually comes from Live Appearances and Producing.