2Wire Homeportal 1000HG

Jercos

I use a 2wire homeportal 1000HG for my internet connection. Whem i try to connect with any of the wifi programs it will not quite connect. it says connected but i have been unable to do anything at all. no UDP, no DNS, none of the existing homebrew. and i wondered if anyone knows wheather this is a problem with the DS and Homeportal or with the DSwifi lib and Homeportal... i turned off my WEP just in case but that didnt work either... any help much appreciated...

I use a 2wire homeportal 1000HG for my internet connection. Whem i try to connect with any of the wifi programs it will not quite connect. it says connected but i have been unable to do anything at all. no UDP, no DNS, none of the existing homebrew. and i wondered if anyone knows wheather this is a problem with the DS and Homeportal or with the DSwifi lib and Homeportal... i turned off my WEP just in case but that didnt work either... any help much appreciated...

For now WEP only works with the new Wifilib test (and DSLinux).

[edit]And dns also only works for the new Wifilib test and DSLinux

(I'm not sure for DSLinux though)[/edit]

What apps did you try?

You need to make sure that the first three Numbers of the

IP are the same for the PC you're trying to connect to and the DS.

For example: PC: 192.168.1.101 DS: 192.168.1.102,

the DS IP mustn't be used by any other Device or PC be it connected

by ethernet or wifi.

Also make sure the Server Software for the DS application is running

on the PC and that you use the same port for both.

Edited by nxg

I have the same modem (2wire 1000HG) and I had the same problem. I tried everything down to port forwarding. I finally found the only way for ANYTHING related to the DS to connect is to buy Nintendo's Wifi USB Adapter, which allows you to connect without the WEP code. So re-enable your WEP, and go out and buy the adapter for $40 USD. :blink: It's the only way.