Problem with burning particular DC game

Is anyone able to offer any help with getting Tetris 4D for Dreamcast burned correctly?

I have the file 'Dreamcast-Tetris 4D (AUTOBOOT CDI)' and I have tried burning it through Nero, Alcohol (on PlayStation disc settings) and Discjuggler on the same settings that work with other DC games I’ve burnt successfully. With this game the burning stops halfway through the process and ejects the (ruined) disc from the drive. Is there a special way to burn certain DC games? Or a preferable way that stops this happening?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

It may be that your CD recorder doesnt support the needed option to burn the disc properly. I found many non working games out there myself, most burned just fine but didnt boot on the DC, wether with or without BootCD. So some may be just buggy or fake.

The ones I had problems with I had to burn at 4X. I suggest you get Game Shark for DC to load some of them since I had better luck with it than Utopia, if the game is selfboot and it loads with Game Shark but not by itself it could be your burner or the speed.

Thanks for the replies, but the problem isn't with the Dreamcast reading the disc, it's that the writing process stops halfway through on my PC.

This must be caused by something specific, does anyone know what?

(BTW I am burning at the lowest possible speed purposely, for stability I thought)

Edited by hi_resurrection

• 3 weeks later...
Well if don't use your computer while it's burning.  Could be your antivirus, or if you're downloading, check your CPU use and Memory Use.  It could even be Windows Update installing junk while you burn.

I never use my computer while burning, plus I always end all un-necessary processes. Anyone else know why a certain game might eject the cd during writing process? (In general, doesn't have to be a DC related burning problem if you know of any other reasons).

thanks.

Edited by hi_resurrection