Soul Calibur III File Corruption

BlackKnight

Soul Calibur III... there's a bug in all 3 releases of the game which corrupts data. As far as I've read its a definate thing.. ie. not just a bad batch constituting a small amount of games- all discs are effected. Basically part of the SC3 file can get corrupted, all of the file, or even all of the Memory Card itself. Happens sometimes when you delete older files, reset the game etc etc. However all reviews and such praise the game but dont really mention it? Details can be found here

GameFAQs Thread

Anyway being out less than 3 months here, and suddenly dropping to half price makes me want to get it. But Im wondering then if that's because its buggy, and an updated version will be released later (as Platinum or otherwise).

Basically I want someone here to tell me they have it and the issue not a big deal. Or that it was a problem and so at least I'll know for sure. It'l make me feel better either way.

Yeah, I read about this roughly a week ago. So far, even after saving my Chronicles of the Sword progress and then moving some older files, but save still hasn't corrupted.

Yeah, it can happen later as well, but so far I'm in the clear.

I say get the game regardless of the possible bug, and do a few tests by playing through the tutorial of CotS, saving, moving or eleting some older file, and then loading the CotS save. Personally, I'm not going to let one bug ruin my playing experience; it that awesome of a game.

Or make sure that the SCIII data is the first save on the memory card, or keep the SCIII save on a separete memory card altogether.

Somehow I doubt that SCIII will go Platinum, as SCII didn't. Who knows, it might happen.

So the bottom line is: GET IT NOW.

There are ways to avoid it. I haven't personally encountered it myself, then again, I haven't deleted anything off my card for the past 3 years.

it happened to me when i was playing it a few months ago. i was playing chronicle of the sword and just beat it too. right when it is auto saving it said that my data is corrupt it so i had to go to my friend's house and delete the SC3 data and go back home to save it in order to keep my data safe. i was so scared i would lose all my stuff but i didn't ^-^