Famitsu scores

Wizard

Ridge Racer 6 (Xbox 360, Namco): 9 / 8 / 9 / 9 - (35/40)

Need For Speed Most Wanted (Xbox 360, EA): 8 / 9 / 9 / 8 - (34/40)

Perfect Dark Zero (Xbox 360, Microsoft): 8 / 8 / 8 / 7 - (31/40)

FIFA 06 (Xbox 360, EA): 7 / 6 / 8 / 6 - (27/40)

Dynasty Warriors 5 Special (Xbox 360, Koei): 7 / 7 / 8 / 8 - (30/40)

Tetris: The Grandmaster Ace (Xbox 360, Arika): 7 / 7 / 7 / 6 - (27/40)

King Kong (Xbox 360, Ubisoft): 7 / 7 / 9 / 9 - (32/40)

Every Party (Xbox 360, Microsoft): 7 / 5 / 7 / 5 - (24/40)

Wrestle Kingdom (Xbox 360, Yuke's): 8 / 7 / 8 / 7 - (30/40)

360 Stands a chance in Japan? Only time will tell.

I want Wrestle Kingdom. NJPW AND NOAH!

What's really differetn this time around?

MS has some Square-Enix support, but I dout they will be releasing any flagship series games on the Xbox 360.

... Final Fantasy XI doesn count, in fact FFXI seems like such a bad choice on so many levels.

MS caters to a crowd that likes flashy graphics and fast gameplay. FFXI is a game that requires dedication, everything is hard in that game. Unless SE is planning to add Xbox 360 servers (doutful) or making it extremely casual friendly (no way in the hell the current player base would accept this) it will fail.

What's really differetn this time around?

MS has some Square-Enix support, but I dout they will be releasing any flagship series games on the Xbox 360.

... Final Fantasy XI doesn count, in fact FFXI seems like such a bad choice on so many levels.

MS caters to a crowd that likes flashy graphics and fast gameplay.  FFXI is a game that requires dedication, everything is hard in that game.  Unless SE is planning to add Xbox 360 servers (doutful) or making it extremely casual friendly (no way in the hell the current player base would accept this) it will fail.

They aren't adding any new servers, infact it will still be cross platform and wouldn't have to XBL Gold Fees either.

The Final Fantasy Series this generation MIGHT go Multiconsole, which was greatly hinted. They maybe planning Main series on both the 360 and PS3 while the obsure titles towards Nintendo.

Dispite draw backs, PS2 was a head because they had an eariler start, a back liberary of games to utilize. How come when ever we talk about PS2 we never mention that it, itself had MANY flaws before being released into the American and European Consumer market? The external hard-disk, the prone to deleteing games off your memory card, the fact you REQUIRED a memory card TO play DVD movies.

They aren't adding any new servers, infact it will still be cross platform and wouldn't have to XBL Gold Fees either.

I know this. I've been playing FFXI for the past two years.

They won't be making any changes that will make it more like an "Xbox" game.

Which is why it's bound to be a failure in the US, where games like WoW are praised.

FFXI itself has grown stagnant, less people then ever... The community has settled down. New players today have it extremely hard... Everything is so hard to obtain. It's a player run economy, and unless SE planned to change this in the future (doutful) Xbox players are gonna end up having more of a job then fun.

I know this. I've been playing FFXI for the past two years.

They won't be making any changes that will make it more like an "Xbox" game.

Which is why it's bound to be a failure in the US, where games like WoW are praised.

FFXI itself has grown stagnant, less people then ever... The community has settled down. New players today have it extremely hard... Everything is so hard to obtain. It's a player run economy, and unless SE planned to change this in the future (doutful) Xbox players are gonna end up having more of a job then fun.

I know what you mean. I played FFXI for the greater part just up till CoP came out. As CoP came out, my mother canceld my account. The game was like crack to me. SE doesn't plan anything with it, other then downloadable updates and expansion packs. It's pretty much PC version on steroids graphics wise. Otherwise, if your PC is realtively old armed with a 9800 Pro, looking at the floor will get you cross plains faster then chasing a Mithra Thief.

How about the PS2 version of FFXI? Failure in it's own right. Costly package, very costly when released. It's just the fact MMOs do BETTER on PCs vs Consoles. Unless you got something going for em, like Phantasy Star Online, which is a awesome. PSO's on PC is realtively small considering, the first one wasn't released at all in other Regions dispite having a complete english mode and the few others blew balls up until Blue Burst.

When it comes to MMOs, you can count that console versions ARE going to either moderately or poorly.

WoW = grindfest now, so is FFXI and GW sucks, no matter what anyone says to me, GW sucks balls. So suck it.

It's pretty much PC version on steroids graphics wise

No. PC version already supports higher resolutions then the Xbox 360 version, MUCH higher background resolution (registry hack) and it already looks far better then the Xbox 360 version (from what i've been in the screenshots).

How about the PS2 version of FFXI? Failure in it's own right.

No. Maybe in the US, but in Japan most players use the PS2 (since japan isn't big on PC gaming).

WoW = grindfest now, so is FFXI and GW sucks, no matter what anyone says to me, GW sucks balls. So suck it.

Eh? FFXI isn't really a grindfest unless you make it one. About a million other things to do. GW is a good game in it's own right... A game about just having fun and making your character look as badass as possible... Purely about aesthetics. Kind of a good counter-balance for FFXI, which requires you to plan the life of you in game avatar.

I don't like Wow, everything is just too easy.

No.  PC version already supports higher resolutions then the Xbox 360 version, MUCH higher background resolution (registry hack) and it already looks far better then the Xbox 360 version (from what i've been in the screenshots).

No.  Maybe in the US, but in Japan most players use the PS2 (since japan isn't big on PC gaming).

Eh?  FFXI isn't really a grindfest unless you make it one.  About a million other things to do.  GW is a good game in it's own right...  A game about just having fun and making your character look as badass as possible... Purely about aesthetics.  Kind of a good counter-balance for FFXI, which requires you to plan the life of you in game avatar.

I don't like Wow, everything is just too easy.

Correction: Xbox / Xbox 360 Version. They aren't releasing a 360 Version pre-se. Although taking a page from Nintendo, if played on the 360, everything will end up looking better. Similar how if you played LoZ: Oracles / Ages on GBA you'd get access to more items and a brand new intro screen.

Another correction: PS2 version came out first in Japan. Followed by the Win version.

FFXI = Grindfest now. GW is nothing more then a hack up game of Diablo 2 in 3d.