feeling Peed on

damulta

Here it is I'm in windows Xp,and i love my Neo-Geo roms that i have.

But i have the same damn problem everyone else with Snk vs Capcom Chaos. Now i've tyed many ones.6b 8.c and 4ab dosent work i suppose in xp or 4.8.

I renamed Choas to kof05 so it comes up in the menu starts up fine till game play bam it locks. I have the new universal bios but how do i employ that in neorage.........

It would be nice to play some street fighter Please HELP.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your probably batter off with a nebula or kawaks loader. There's also plenty of mame-derived emus that play illegal games which we can't tell you any more about. If you know how to compile, you can create your own altered mame, we can provide info for that.

I tried svc in NRX and got a bank error, there may be a working set that I don't know about.

Your probably batter off with a nebula or kawaks loader. There's also plenty of mame-derived emus that play illegal games which we can't tell you any more about. If you know how to compile, you can create your own altered mame, we can provide info for that.

I tried svc in NRX and got a bank error, there may be a working set that I don't know about.

Ok i have nebula 2.25 it doesnt see all my roms whats the deal////////

So what ur sayen to me being in xp im not going to get chos working in neorage?

I just need to go to ebay and buy a neo-geo cd player..........

If i install koppelx lunix on to my sys will i have better chance getting these fairly new roms to work?

Or just point me in the right direction of reading info to compile my own. I pick stuff up quickly when theres a goal.

I just need to go to ebay and buy a neo-geo cd player..........

Most newer neogeo games didn't come out on neogeo cd. :lol:

If i install koppelx lunix on to my sys will i have better chance getting these fairly new roms to work?

Nope. If you post what crcs and sizes you have for your roms, we can help produce working.dats for you <_>

Or just point me in the right direction of reading info to compile my own. I pick stuff up quickly when theres a goal.

http://www.logiqx.com/HowTo/WinMAME.php

Edited by iq_132

the bootleg version of SvC Chaos that works correctly in NeoRAGEx oly works correctly in the EGCG NeoRAGEx hack. Check my site and download it from there. The bootleg is also glitchy, so I suggest you fix it with these: http://www.geocities.com/svc_fixes/

Furthermore, you don't need to rename set to something else for them to appear in NRX's gamelist. Same thing with filenames, as NRX doesn't recognize sets from their names, but from the P1 file inside the archive.

And yes, Neo-Geo games haven't been released on CD for a long time. Bresides, the loading times would be horrible.

the bootleg version of SvC Chaos that works correctly in NeoRAGEx oly works correctly in the EGCG NeoRAGEx hack. Check my site and download it from there. The bootleg is also glitchy, so I suggest you fix it with these: http://www.geocities.com/svc_fixes/

Ok I have the svc_fix_rs patchs and here are my backup files

Snk vs capcom chaos

269-m1.rom

2269-c7.rom

69-c8.rom

269-c6.rom

269-c5.rom

269-c4.rom

269-c3.rom

269-c2.rom

269-c1.rom

269-s1.rom

269-p1.rom

269-v4.rom

269-v3.rom

269-v2.rom

269-v1.rom

when its zip up its 42.080 kb

How am i supposed to patch this,I need to know which file is which to patch................

Is there no way to convert a backup rom to cd then? OR

Is there such a thing of rewritable cartridges for the console?

I like this form it dos'nt seem full of jerks like others.

Edited by James

Is there no way to convert a backup rom to cd then?      OR

Is there such a thing of rewritable cartridges for the console?

No and no, but certain people have the skills to make Neo-Geo CD games into arcade ports (Zintrick comes to mind and some others as well)

Since the patches are executables, you just start one and it sohws you what file to patch (e.g. if it says 269-p1.rom, the P1 rom is what you need to patch; most patches alter the P1 anyway so there's little room for error).

In SvC's case, since the only working set for NRX is svcplus, the fixes remove the extra Plus version title screen, fix some texts, fix buggy moves etc. Note that if you use the patch that unlocks the locked moves (bodyslam and evasive roll), the roll is buggy.

Since the patches are executables, you just start one and it sohws you what file to patch (e.g. if it says 269-p1.rom, the P1 rom is what you need to patch; most patches alter the P1 anyway so there's little room for error).

The only file it seems it wants to patch is svc_p1.rom

Which that does'ent exist

Snk vs capcom chaos

269-m1.rom

2269-c7.rom

69-c8.rom

269-c6.rom

269-c5.rom

269-c4.rom

269-c3.rom

269-c2.rom

269-c1.rom

269-s1.rom

269-p1.rom

269-v4.rom

269-v3.rom

269-v2.rom

269-v1.rom

when its zip up its 42.080 kb

You need to browse to open your own P1 file in that patcher executable. The filename it shows at the beginning is just a guideline, since NRX works better with underscores in filenames (although I think EGCG can work with dashes as well).

269-p1.rom

Ok i patch this file and zip everything back up. The game starts just like before it goes to the fight as soon as the fight is suppoes to start then lock up........STILL ERRRRRRR

Neoragex48.exe does'nt seem to work in xp even in captable mode...

Edited by damulta