CD-i emulator version 0.5.2 released!

Robert

CD-i Emulator, version 0.5.2 for Windows

You need a reasonably fast PC to get acceptable emulation performance; a Pentium 1.5 GHz is probably about minimal. On a Pentium 1.8 GHz using Windows 2000 I get approximately 15/50 video performance with occasional audio skipping; my development Pentium 2.6 GHz using Windows XP does around 22/50. The emulator enforces a minimum video performance of 5/50 or 6/60 (at least 10 video updates per second of emulated time); if your hardware cannot keep up you will not be able to emulate in real-time and audio will always skip (you can of course turn off the audio to avoid the latter).

There are a few issues with audio and video decoding; some audio (in particular ADPCM level A) will produce a high-pitched whine in addition to the actual audio and there are a few corner cases where video decoding is known to be incorrect (in particular, RGB555, interlaced video and compatibility mode have not been fully implemented yet).

This version supports only raw CD-i and CD-i Ready disc image files as produced by many CD grabbing and burning applications; emulation directly from CD is not planned for the near future.

There is also a CD-i link, and a CD-i stub.

>> Get them HERE