AgeMAME 26u1 released!

Robert

Some news from the AgeMAME site

Real release of 26u10

Posted on August 14th, 2005

There are some minor glitches left, but nothing that could be considered to be above ‘green’ level on the MAMETester colour code, so I’m continuing the release.

Then, MAME 0.99u2 was released...

Forked off?

Posted By James on August 15th, 2005

Well, I hope that surprised you as much as it surprised me, most (but not all) of AGEMAME is now in regular MAME.

This was always the private aim of setting up the build, and I’m still in shock that we achieved so much so quickly.

However, the game is not over - when the MAME core reaches 0.100 (as it will soon), AGEMAME will be relaunched.

We don’t think that anything will be changed yet as regards source delivery (we know some like the gambling-only setup), but naturally such a change will mean that AGEDEV becomes less important as an innovative group.

We will bring you more news on the situation soon, as I need to have a few words with MAMEDEV.

PS. I have started to use my real name on these posts, as hiding behind a pseudonym seems hardly worth it any more. I’ll still be ElCondor on the forums though, because I’m too lazy to change that.

His name is James! I wonder... naaah.