Multiple Questions Pt 2

Thanks ahead in advance for taking the time to answer these questions, only way I am going to learn this stuff...hopefully it doesnt bother you guys too much... thanks again.

Several Days ago, I went over to ******* and downloaded the svcplus that they have over there. 40 mb, under the neo geo set, saying it works with the latest neogeorageX. I download such and it does detect, seeing it as Snk vs Capcom Bootleg. Snk vs Capcom Plus and Snk vs Capcom Plus A are greyed out and not selectable. This one runs great, with the mini bosses enabled, but no shin mr karate or shin akuma, which is what I want....call me a complete-ist.

I have attempted the universal bios with no luck, though was later told it wouldnt work anyway on another forum. It is thought this is the "Plus" that came out earlier but was fixed because of all the issues.

Am I spinning my wheels here in trying to get the two characters? Am I missing something obvious in how to get them..or should I be happy with what I have? Or do I just need a whole new rom set?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction..

Mod's edit: Please do not mention romsites.

Edited by Agozer

I had someone else tell me about that website, and I got the patch, I read over the instructions and tried to run it, but it states about not finding any of those files? even after unzipping it...still nothing...

why do I have the feeling I am missing something simple...

:D

No, those fixes do not need an IPS patcher. Just extract the right file from your archive to a temporary folder, but the patch file you want to apply in the same folder and run it. If the filename does not match, you can change it by click on the... button.

After the patching is done, put the pathed file back into the set.

EDIT: And make sure that you make backup copies.

No, those fixes do not need an IPS patcher. Just extract the right file from your archive to a temporary folder, but the patch file you want to apply in the same folder and run it. If the filename does not match, you can change it by click on the... button.

After the patching is done, put the pathed file back into the set.

EDIT: And make sure that you make backup copies.

I would assume Agznor, that when I run the patch, and it speaks about what file it needs to patch, I would just go into the folder and find that file, and let the patch work its magic...

if the file name doesnt match, I would just go by the extention on it and match it up that way? and in the patch, point it to that file, let it patch and then put it back in the set.

sounds easy enough..

Weirdy--- ??? *is now confused*

The only thing you need to worry about is to patch the right file. For example, if the patcher suggests that it need "svc_p1.rom", you press the... button and locate the file that has p1 somewhere in the filename.

To make things even easier, before you patch anything, extract the P1, S1, and M1 files from the arcive. the patches alter these 3 files so those are what you need.

About Weirdy's comment, the patches work on any CRCs and do not perform any CRC checks. Besides, the patches were made to work with the bootleg set (svcplus, the only set that works in NeoRAGEx).... well, apart from the two clones anyway.

The only thing you need to worry about is to patch the right file. For example, if the patcher suggests that it need "svc_p1.rom", you press the... button and locate the file that has p1 somewher in the filename.

to make things even easier, before you patch anything, extract the P1, S1, and M1 files from the arcive. the patches alter these 3 files so those are what you need.

About Weirdy's comment, the patches work on any CRCs and do not perform  any CRC checks. Besides, the patches were made to work with the bootleg set (svcplus, the only set that works in NeoRAGEx).... well, apart from the two clones anyway.

I just went through the process, and it said it patched it successfully Agozer..will let you guys know in a little while if it worked..

thanks for all the help!!!