Reading the driver.c

I apologize if this has already been answered, but I would like to read through the driver.c file in MAME, but I have no idea how to find it. From what I've been reading, I would need to compile MAME, but I'm not sure. Could someone please help me out?

there's a really good 3 step tutorial that comes with MAME32 Plus

but I'll be brief

.c files are files that contain code written in the C programming language, which is why it may all look strange

if you want to know what a lot of that stuff actually means, I recomment you read up on the C language

I more or less just want to look through the code, to see exactly what makes up the drivers. Mostly just curiosity.

My problem is that I don't know how to find the driver.c, which is in MAME's source. But I don't know what to do so that I can look through the source.

I did a little searching, and would I perform the first few steps in this tutorial so that I can look through MAME's source? http://www.mameworld.net/mrdo/compile.html

Edit: Okay, I'm a fool. I understand what I need to do now. I didn't realize the source was downloadable on mame.net ^_^

Edited by Dooz

btw, if you're going to add games, you must modify the driver.c file, then in the drivers/ directory you have to edit the file that correspons to the game you added, and you might even have to edit the corresponding file in the machine/ directory