FCEUXD SP v1.0 released!

Robert

A new (redeveloped) NES emulator is now available!

Initial release of FCEUXD SP 1.0

I've decided to fork FCE Ultra eXtended-Debug 1.0a under the name FCEUXD SP with the hope to make significant contributions and improvements to the NES debugging experience. My main reason for this was the sorry state of NES debugging today. Even with the best NES emulator debuggers today barely anything is possible. If I had to guess where NES debugging today is I'd estimate it's somewhere between debug.com and Borland's Turbo Debugger. That's an unacceptable situation in my opinion.

Here's where I come into play. As the original FCE Ultra was thankfully released under GPL I was able to get the source code of one of it's former forks FCE Ultra eXtended-Debug 1.0a from Zophar's Domain. The code is very well written so I had absolutely no problems with adding new functionality. It was not even necessary to change the interface of one, single pre-existing function.

In this first release of FCEUXD SP 1.0 I've added two features which were at the very top of my list: A simple form of symbolic debugging and conditional breakpoints.

»» Official Site

»» Download it Now! [1Emulation Server]

Credits: News - File - Changelog