ikaruga doesnt work / need help

well a few days i got my PAL DC i bought @ ebay and have only 1 game so far (chuchu rocket). The main reason for buying a DC was to get my hands on ikaruga, because i like games that require some serious skills :D i didnt get a GC because it´s arcade sticks just suck and i already bought the incredible stick for the DC.

Now i downloaded a few (4 or 5 cant remember) different images and followed the step by step iso burning guide in this forum but also tried a few i got off the net. i first tried Nero 6 but discovered that it sucks, so i got discjuggler demo vers. and alcohol120%. i tried to burn it with nero and juggler (jp version images but also ones with PAL vers in the rar name etc) but didnt succedd yet.

My question is there still something i do wrong? Isnt my Dreamcast incompatible with CDRs (but can read UTOPIA boot). My PAL DC is HKT-3030 but i read in this forum that all PAL models should read selfboot images from the net. can u guys help me...

i just feel like :thumbsdown: everybody :D

ps: sorry for bad english im from germany

EDIT: Oh yeah, what happens when you put it in? Do you hear any sound?

Well, all Dreamcasts can read CDRs. I think your game is in NTSC format, not PAL. Did you try to use the Utopia bootdisc? If not, try using that. If that doesn't work, do you have AIM or something because I have another bootdisc called DC-IE (Import Enabler). Or I could just email it to you since its 666 kb.

And your English is fine. :thumbsdown:

well, there is a sound like the DC is trying to read the CD and the cd spins for about 1min before it stops... nothing more with all the other images. as i mentioned before, 1 of the images was labeled with: Ikaruga PAL 60hz... but u can never know!

The Utopia CD works (i get the spinning reindeer and stuff) but when i try to load a burned cd with UTOPIA it doesnt work at all :\

few minutes ago i installed my old CD burner (and broke 1 ram unit)

and im going to test it again with alcohol and another type of CD-R...

hope it works :)

erm... and thanx gryph :) u can mail me @ milasuperstar@gmx.de