1/2 sprites and 1/2 background

pacifist

First off thanks an amazing amount for your work on dualis, it's a godsend for development.

Secondly I've found a couple of bugs.

When I specify rotational data for 16x16 sprites they end up cut in half. It happens regardless of what the transformation matrix is.

The same doesn't happen with 8x8 sprites and it doesn't happen if I don't specify rotational information.

Also I'm having problems with 64x64 tile backgrounds. The two top quadrants work fine but the two bottom two don't. They kind of mimick the bottom two.. or mabey dualis is trying to emulate 64x32 tile backgrounds?

I can confirm that neither of these problems happen on the DS itself.

If these aren't known bugs I'll work up a little demo to show them off.

Cheers.

The sprite bug was due to a mapping mode error, and has been fixed since the last release. As far as 64x64 backgrounds are concerned I need to do some more testing, so if you have a test to release that would be good.

There I've worked up a really simple test.

It just loads 4 different tiles into the 4 quadrants of the screen and then repositions the screen so you can see the point where they all meet.

The four quarters of the screen should all contain different tiles. Works on DS but gives dualis 8 some trouble.

http://on-tap.ca/64tiledBG.zip

Thanks again for all the work on dualis!

Cheers

Colin Northway

let's just erase what i said before and start again.*erase*

There are a number of binaries. The one that runs is 64tiledBG\arm9\arm9.bin

I renamed it to 4tiles.bin so I wouldn't be confused.

On ideas and dsemu the top screen is divided into 4 squares, each with a different tile pattern. On dualis, the screen is divided in half. The top left tile takes up the top, and the top right tile takes up the bottom.

The zip contains the source and other files, I guess it's all the information one would need to track down the problem / difference.

Thank you Pacifist, I'm sure mic will find it useful.

Edited by robbbert