Wizard

its cause the book its based on was pure genious. Seriously I remeber soon as I finished it how no way they could make a movie off of it. Well lets just hope they pull it off well.

How come I have to keep stressing that the movie was written by Douglas Adams waayy waaay back.

Because it was written by him waay waay back, and could always be open for interpretation without his consent (Since he's dead) by the director, thus suckage is possible.

The producers have stated that this film is not a literal translation of the books (just as the books were not a literal translation of the original radio show), but all of the new ideas and characters came from Douglas Adams himself. The hired writer simply came aboard to improve structure and make the screenplay more coherent.

Well, I started reading the book. Ironically (and entirely unintentionally), my first session ended on page 42. So far, it's good stuff. The humor style reminds me of Good Omens by Gaiman and Pratchett. That makes sense, seeing as Gaiman is a huge fan of Adams.

The original tv series is great!

The only thing I find great about the original television series was what ever Marvin said and the ending.

FYI;

It was, in chronlogical order;

BBC Radio series, TV series, Book, Stage, Towel, Game, other stuff, this movie.

I saw the movie, damn it was awesome.

Loved every single moment of it. We loved it so much, we were the only ones who understood everything that was going on (we also laughed the loudest).

Now, don't bitche at it because it isn't like the book. It wasn't meant too. Just like how the radio series isn't suppose to be TV Miniseries etc and etc.

Seeing DNA's head at the end is a total win.