We Love Katamari!

Wizard

I have mixed feelings about Katamari Damacy. I first met it at E3 last year (or was it the year before?) and it seemed really, really cool, sitting all by itself in a corner of the hall behind some massive display (HL2?). I couldn't wait for it, I told all my friends.

When it finally came out, I had my good fun with it, and was done with it in a few days. My friends went apeshit for it like it was some fountain of blessed nectar from the gods, and just wouldn't put the damn thing down. Now I'm kind of sick of it.

It started as the little quirky game that was actually kind of fun, and turned into a decent game that was overhyped to all hell.

That said, I'm looking forward to the sequel, but this is one of the only games I've ever wanted NOT to have multiplayer.

• 4 weeks later...

guys, did you check out the Game play footage and the interview from GameSpot ? if not.. you should hehe.. got me hyped up already.

Bah. People and their hype. I can't believe some people are actually turned away from hyped games. Games are hyped for a reason, it's because they're good. At some point in time, the game was anticipated by loads of people, and then immediately rejected by the rest.

Halo 2 was hyped. It's a good game. I like it (though not to the extent many do). Hype shouldn't turn you people away from a game, as it's not a bad thing.

holy crap... return of the dead threads.

anyways drake. it's a game where you roll "CLUMPS" clumps of what exactly is up for debate I guess. but it sounds like a dung beetle sim to me. obviously those crazy japs LOVE rolling Clumps.

In the game you're dropped onto varying locations on Earth, at varying levels of size. You roll a large ball (the Katamari) around, and stuff sticks to it. As stuff continues to stick to your Katamari, the size (due to the stuff stuck to it) increases, and you can roll over bigger things. It has simplicity that hasn't been in a game since the Atari, and a large amount of comedic material.

Hopefully that makes it sound better than a dung beetle sim.