Secret of Mana Icons

Daeval

While playing the venerable Secret of Mana tonight in a seriously old-school session, I was inspired to do something I've been putting off forever. A few hours and quite a few sprite rips later, I present to you a complete set of eight magic icons fom Secret of Mana:

These should scale based on what size you view them in. In "list" mode (the smallest) they use the menu art (the art you see when you're selecting which spell to cast). If you view them in "icon" mode (the default for the desktop), they'll appear as their casting/summoning sprite. "Tile" mode, the largest, uses a scaled-up, touched-up version of the larger sprite.

somicons5ho.jpg

Download as a single Icon Library for ease of use: Secret of Mana Icons (ICL)

Download as individual.ICO files in a zip: Secret of Mana Icons (ICO)

If you need instructions, the ones I wrote for my SVC icons should work. You can find those here.

Oops, this should have gone in Emulation Art. I always forget we have that section. Feel free to move it, thanks.

Edited by Daeval

Those are awesome, Daeval. Good work!

BTW, what in the world is SVC Midnight Bliss on your page? Is that an actual game?

Midnight Bliss is Demitri's Super move in SvC/Darkstakers etc. It turns the opponent into a female.

I did notice one slight problem. The larger version of Shade will appear to have funky white pixels on his wingtips against a darker background. This is because Shade actually has lighter wingtips in the game.

Thanks for the kind words, everybody! Enjoy