New demos

Robert

I've obtained a few new demos

Each comes as a NDS and a DS.GBA (rename to PME)

Description:

nibbles 1.1 - fixes various bugs. The snake now has a large head. The cherry sometimes is 2 cherries. Use the touchscreen to guide the snake.

tetris 1.1 - hold down A when booting to get the 2-player screen. On the pc this is the X key.

calc_arm9 - a ti-85 calculator. Use the touchscreen to simulate pressing the calculator keys.

Results:

Dualis r7 - each demo works well. In tetris, pressing X is tricky, but can be done. You cannot change the background colour at all.

DSemu 3c - tetris and nibbles blank screen. Calc boots up, but the bottom screen is blank. Clicking in random places produces input - you just can't see what you're clicking.

Ideas 2 - same as DSemu except no touchscreen (as usual).

HyperDS 3 - none of the demos would run

Edited by robbbert

• 3 weeks later...

HyperDS runs a few of my demos. It has a very nice front end. It's a pity I can't get hold of a newer version for testing, because I think it would probably do quite well.

This is the list of what does something:

cube_emu : works with a lot of flashing

dsmode4ep : produces some strange colours

first1 : works

ship_emu : starts running in blue, then a bunch of graphics error messages

texture_emu : works - sideways

tri_emu : works - wrong colour

I'll try to describe it. You can choose a screen size of 320x240 or 640x480. Strangely, only one of the screens has been emulated (the top one).

Menu:

File - Load - Binary - (choose a file)

File - Exit

Options - Frameskip - (various)

Options - Show - OSD

Options - Zoom - 320x240 or 640x480

Options - Configure - (see below)

Emu - Resume / pause / reset / Step

View - (debug options see below)

Tools - Screenshot

Help - Check for Update (greyed out)

Help - About

The debugger has these views: Disassembler, memory, Processor, Log, Cheat Finder, Palette, Sprite, Graphics. I know nothing about this, but it all appears to work.

The Options - Configure opens a new window that lets you set up the Keyboard, Joystick/Gamepad, System bios and sound, User Interface - choose Splash Screen on/off.

The Keyboard and Joystick/Gamepad screens have a lovely picture of the DS showing exactly where each button is, and what Key or Button has been assigned to it.

HyperDS is certainly the nicest-looking of the emus. It's a pity it doesn't do much.

I can post a picture if anyone is interested.