Making DVD Menus

Daeval

I'm looking for a decent program to make my own DVD menus with. I have collections of things in.avi or.mpg format and want to arrange them into dvd-player-watchable dvds with aesthetically pleasing menus. So far, I've been using DVD-Lab Pro (there's a time-based trial on their site), and it's pretty cool except for a few things:

I haven't actually tried to use one of my menus in a dvd-player yet, but using PowerDVD to mess with them, they frequently come out rather low-quality. I use crisp, clean source images, but they look really poor in PowerDVD and I can't figure out how to make them retain their quality.

At one point, with DVD-Lab Pro, a rather complicated set of menus I had made just ate crap on me. Their functionality just stopped working altogether once the thing was imaged to a playable format, and I had to scrap the project and start over. I'm hoping this was a very rare bug, but I dunno.

Does anyone know of a better program to use for making your own menus, or how to fix these things in DVD-Lab?

And to show the power of TEMPEG DVD Author. I made this:

sincitymain6kq.th.jpg

For my warezed copy of Sin City. You can also make chapters with it also, with background music, video thumbnails and video backgrounds.

Edited by K`dash

sincitymain6kq.th.jpg

For my warezed copy of Sin City. You can also make chapters with it also, with background music, video thumbnails and video backgrounds.

Awesome. Does it look that crisp once it's dvd-ized?

That screenshot is the size of the DVD Menu it self. The red paramater around the innerards represents the outter area that possibly will not be shown on a television set (Depends on the tele and DVD player I assume since it was shown on my HDTV). If anything, you should use my screenshot as an example of how you want to know your limits on your menus (all menus use the same paremater) using the boarder as your limit. And since it's on a TV, you can't tell the difference since Televisions were ment not to show small pixilate stuff.

sincitymain6kq.th.jpg

Awesome. Does it look that crisp once it's dvd-ized?

That screenshot is the size of the DVD Menu it self. The red paramater around the innerards represents the outter area that possibly will not be shown on a television set (Depends on the tele and DVD player I assume since it was shown on my HDTV). If anything, you should use my screenshot as an example of how you want to know your limits on your menus (all menus use the same paremater) using the boarder as your limit. And since it's on a TV, you can't tell the difference since Televisions were ment not to show small pixilate stuff.

Sweet, I'll have to check it out. I was just worried because I was getting strange discolorations and things when using DVD Lab and testing in Power DVD.