07/03/05

Federelli

Actually, this demo has been uot for quite some time, though if you mean it is a new demo packed with DSemu, then yes, it is a new demo. I have had this demo for about a week already, and HyperDS showed screenshots of this demo running long before this post. Should we start a demo/homebrew thread where various members post any new info/links to new demos? It sounds like and interesting idea to me. I don't think that there is a thread like this already, but if there is, could somebody give a link to it, as I get almost all of the latest files sent to me through e-mail and I think I could make a decent contribution.

Well, i just download 3 roms:

first the 2d tetris demo with the twoscreens working but DSemu didnt show anything

the second is a demo with the touchscreen emulation but like in the last public realise it doesnt have it i cant test it, maybe in the private beta could work cause TwoA9 said that there is some touchscreen emulation and the two screens are working.

the third is an arm9tester that shows how its going the proper DS cpu and shows something but it doesnt show anything when you select a option.

If someone has the private beta i think you can test it this could help.

See ya!!!

Edited by krow

If someone has the private beta i think you can test it this could help.
Private beta? You know I don't do private betas; anything I do is zipped up and released. I'm not ready to CVS commit this lot yet, but it's all in the zip.

As for the 3 demos, could you give me some filenames? The TwoPlayer binary of Tetris included with the zip definitely works. I know there's a difference between that and DesktopMan's March 7th release.

Which touchscreen test are you using? I fired up one by a guy called davr, that draws green lines to join touched coordinates; seems to work fine. There are core bugs that prevent joat's touch and DM's calc from working, so davr's demo is probably the best confirmation you'll get so far.

And I believe ARMwrestler DS exhibits plenty of core and GPU bugs; Wrestler GBA does the same tests, and the cores I use are the same between GBA and DS, so you can test the CPU that way.

Thanks for testing these ROMs out though, and highlighting the issues. I'll see if I can't get it sorted.

Edited by Two9A

sorry but i didnt know that there is no private beta. :P

well the touchscreen demo is good it calls nibbles.bin its a snake version for the ds its really good (its working in dualis), here is a link to the demo Nibbles. I hope this helps.

A screenshot of the arm tests for the ds:

armds.bmp