Full Throttle in Win XP

Daeval

I realize this is a real stab in the dark, but has anyone gotten lucasart's Full Throttle to work on Windows XP? I did it a few months ago, using VDM Sound, but now I can't get it to work without really crappy sound stuttering.

I'm using VDM Sound for Sound Blaster emulation, and had to limit the dos timing to get things to come out at the right speed. That's the only tweak I've made to VDM Sound's standard settings.

I also tried playing with the direct x sound accelleration settings, and they seemed to have a very minor effect - but nothing to write home about.

I tried ScummVM, to no avail. I'm pretty sure it uses the same sound emulation as VDM Sound anyway.

I'm on a P4 2.8, 512MB, SB Audigy

Suggestions appreciated! Thanks!

Yeah...I was just about to say that SCUMMVM plays it pretty well. According to the SCUMMVM site it says it's 85% compatible.

Well it DID flock up pretty bad the first time I ran it with ScummVM. Not sure entirely why it's decided to work now.

Y'know what might look better on your nose?

Yeah...I was just about to say that SCUMMVM plays it pretty well. According to the SCUMMVM site it says it's 85% compatible.

Well it DID flock up pretty bad the first time I ran it with ScummVM. Not sure entirely why it's decided to work now.

Y'know what might look better on your nose?

I'm planning to get this game.

But I can't remember how to play this game again :(

I remember it has a great soundtrack though :P

People should strive to own every older (and some newer) adventure games by LucasArts and Sierra. Bestest ever.

btw dudes, Day of the Tentacle still owns every other adventure game out there; not by much when compred to other LA games, but still.

People should strive to own every older (and some newer) adventure games by LucasArts and Sierra. Bestest ever.

btw dudes, Day of the Tentacle still owns every other adventure game out there; not by much when compred to other LA games, but still.

Yeah, you just remind me to search for this game :P

I am going to get this the legal way. ebay :clapping:

Yeah, you just remind me to search for this game :P

I am going to get this the legal way. ebay :clapping:

Yeah, I've got DOTT sitting around for when I'm done with Full Throttle. FT and The Dig were two of my favorites. I also have something called "the journeyman project" that my dad's friend gave to him when I was younger, and I never played it. I think it's an adventure game too.

As for getting these the legal way, look for the LucasArts collections. One of them has Full Throttle, The Dig, and Monkey Island 1 & 2 (and Afterlife, but that isn't an adventure game).

Another one has Day of the Tentacle (which includes Maniac Mansion), Sam n' Max, and Indiana Jones: Somethingorother.

Between the two of them, that's pretty much every old Lucasarts adventure game aside from Grim Fandango.

Since we're talking about adventure games, you should also get the Quest for Glory Anthology. That thing is awesome.

And Police Quest Colection, Leisure Suit Larry Collection, Kings Quest Collection and all three Legend of Kyrandias. :P