NeoMame THE best Neo Geo Emulator out there!

Forget Nebula, Kawaks and all other Neo geo Emulators. NeoMame should be your first choice!!!

- Link Deleted -

This one really works perfectly. After Rom-Checking with the dat-file provided on the website and RomCenter, all games work on the first try. Man I wish I would have tried this emu earlier. This one really works without flaws: All games are supported.

And another big plus for this one: It has a hq picture enhancement filter, which is really the best filter out there. The picture quality is amazing with this one: I always thought the that the picture quality from NeoRageX, Nebula and Kawaks looked abit blurred and not sharp enough or the colours are somehow not as bright as they could be (faded out), even when using the filters provided with the emus. But the picture quality in NeoMame with hq 2x and above filter is imho the best one: Picture is sharp and the colours looks just the way they should: no faded out colours anymore or blurred out picture.

Try this for yourself guys, you won't be dissapointed. :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were no ROM links. None of those links worked. Either the links were broken or the sites didn't exist.

Atleast I don't think so.

EDIT: Well it seems one of the affiliates had an out of the way ROM link.

NeoMame is ok But it is not all that great Since many of the sets are incorrect in that Emu NeoMame is a cut down version of Mame32 Plus

That emu is good for those who only want neogeo and do no have a gret deal of hard drive space Other than that it is no better than any other Mame build out there.

After trying the version of NeoMame that I downloaded a month or so ago, I don't see a bit of color difference or anything between NeoMame with HQ filter, and the Mame32plus I use with Kreed's 2x Super Sai filter. I posted the shots if anyone can tell any difference

MS 3 With Kreed's Super Sai 2x:

mslug3_2xSSai.png

ms3ingame_2xSSai.png

NeoMame with hq2x filter:

mslug3_hq2x.png

ms3ingame_hq2x.png

Another thing, with hq2x filter, i took a major speed hit, only getting about 31 fps, on a p4 2.53ghz

Yeah both filters seems to be the same quality :P

BTW: what filters do you guys use for the best picture quality.

And what are the difference between those filters: for example. 2x Super Sai and Super Eagle?

Which is better 2x Super Sai or Super Eagle? Can someone do a comparision? Which one give the more authentic picture compared to the original?

Edited by ShinKyo

Every HQ filter affects most systems tremendously. It has all to do with AGP Bus data transfer speeds, at least according to MaxSt. I consider my hardware to be relatively high-end, and still HQxx filter have never worked smoothly.

Super 2xSaI is better than Super Eagle.

Fro those who want to read moreabout the HQxx filters, check this: http://www.hiend3d.com/demos.html

What exactly is CloneMame? Does it have something special why I should use this one instead of the other MameEmus? Does is have support for the newer games? If yes, do I have to use the noremal Mame Dat to verfiy my files?

And what is the difference between CloneMame and CloneMame Plus?

Edited by ShinKyo

What exactly is CloneMame? Does it have something special why I should use this one instead of the other MameEmus? Does is have support for the newer games? If yes, do I have to use the noremal Mame Dat to verfiy my files?

And what is the difference between CloneMame and CloneMame Plus?

Clone MAME is James' own MAME build that has support for for all knows Neo-Geo sets (James can correct me on this), AFAIK.