More newbie mame questions ^^

Alright im back with more questions.

How do you switch arcade/console mode plus region code for neogeo in mame? I know there is a option for kawaks but i can't find it for mame.

Also, i have a rom for mame, but i want to convert it to kawaks. Can i simply make a dat.file for kawaks loader? If so can someone guide me how to do it?

Well in Mame32 if you right click properties (on the neogeo game name) Then a windows shall pop open

mame0xz.jpg

Mame32 plus

While in game press TAB then select DIP SWITCHES

or try this which changes the bios in Default game options AES or uni bios will allow you to change it to AES mode.

mame32plus4zo.jpg

Edited by James

Mame32 - I thought that stuff was only for stvbios because all the neogeo games just worked. I'll have to see what happens when changed.

mame32plus - dont have it.

Learn something new Every day.

*edit: changing bios changes the language and country-specific message. May as well leave it on the default.

*in my archives, I found a version of mame32k 0.64, mame32more, and mame32 plus. I had better install them and try them out.

Edited by robbbert

Mame32 - I thought that stuff was only for stvbios because all the neogeo games just worked. I'll have to see what happens when changed.

mame32plus - dont have it.

Learn something new Every day.

*edit: changing bios changes the language and country-specific message. May as well leave it on the default.

*in my archives, I found a version of mame32k 0.64, mame32more, and mame32 plus. I had better install them and try them out.

My mame builds support the uni bios and the AES bios That wy I can swicth to neogeo console mode :lol: Mame32 plus has those added bioses as standard.