.Avi problem

Sturmvogel

I have an.avi episode of something and when playing it on my laptop, the sound sometimes skips..or actually the vid skips a tiny bit at the beginning. After the first 20 secs or so it plays fine. I've ruled out the players I use, WMP and VLC. I also tried playing the file on a lab comp. It played with no skips. All of the other vids I've played on my comp work fine..but this just bugs me. I'm just hoping its not a performance issue on account of my laptop...

My laptop specs:

Windows XP SP1 (gotta upgrade to SP 2)

Pentium 4 3.0mhz

512 DDR ram

ATI mobile radeon x600

Video Mem: 64mb

Well I don't think that's it. I've played other vids and they all work fine. But this avi file just stutters a bit then plays okay. This has happened in both WMP and VLC.

I guess if you don't have any other suggestions I'll probably let it go...although I do want to get the the bottom of this..:P'.

Edited by Sturmvogel

One: Update your video codecs.

Two: Update to the latest WMP.

Three: After doing one of the two previous options (or doing both). Get Media Player Classic.

Right Wiz...as well as update to Service Pack 2. As for codecs...I think I have the most up to date ones...as far as playing my files are concerned. But upgrading WMP I can do.

Yeah..i've been hearing good things about Media player classic...tried it out today. Played the vids without a problem...but I'm not sure if the problem is solved.

Edited by Sturmvogel