Help out a mame newbie

Unlike Emulators Like Nebula, Or Kawaks. MAME Needs To Have The Drivers(What You Add In The.dat) Before You Compile The Program's Or Make And exe From The Source.

Unlike Emulators Like Nebula, Or Kawaks. MAME Needs To Have The Drivers(What You Add In The.dat) Before You Compile The Program's Or Make And exe From The Source.

Well I doubt he'll be compiling anything but that's what you have to do. Clone MAME is already compiled and ready to download for use.

I Was Once Like HTat, But If He Does Want To, Here Are Some Links:

How To Compile MAME

And Here Is One Of My Personal Favorite Site

Drivers

Those drivers have nothing to with mame If you are going to help at all. At least show him the right info.

@ thinkingofaname

If you want to try out my Mame build then click the link below If you want to compile your own build then send me a PM.I am sure I can help you make your own build with tha games you want to play (neogeo) My build supports samsho5.

um..right, thnx. I doubt i will ever compile mame, the only reason i want to switch to mame is to play online with kaillera, since kawak isn't really popular or at least the version im using (1.46). I know kawaks 1.50 is out, but is there a loader for it? And what exactly is the loader, since as far as i seen all "offical" kawaks do not come with it. :lol:

There is no loader for Kawaks 1.50 yer.

A loader enables you to add support for games that are normally locked in the official version by just adding the DAT info to Asr.dat.

Because the emulator authors don't want to support those games. They will only support games once they are 2 to 3 years old. Separate groups have to make the loaders. Don't worry, Kawaks 1.46 loader is awesome, I use it.

...that just dumb. It is obvious that if they don't support the new games someone else will. Why make such idiot loops in the first place? O well, i really hope that newer versions of kawaks loader comes out soon, we really need some unity on kaillera.

um...since there are so many emulation experts here, i might as well ask some of the questions that has puzzled me over the years.

First of all, what does romcenter/ctrlmamepro do exactly?

I know that certain emulators require different rom sets and they are incompatible with each other, so is it romcenter/ctrlmamepro job to fix it? And what about certain dat files that are associated with them, i seen a lot of dat files with names ends in rc. How exactly do you apply them to the emulators? Lastly, can someone tell me what does AES and MVS mean? thnx

LOL

CLRmame and Romcenter checks your roms to make sure that they are ae the right ones for the emulator you use.And they do nothing to emulators at all.

Loaders are pure hacks that forces the emulator to play newer games that are not supported Those who are truly into emulation will not use these.

I have a mame build that supports kaillera But for now is only for testing Yet I have been told it works fine The current build for the Clone Mame kaillera is 89u1.

Not to offend.

Loaders = warez kiddies

MVS = Arcade

AES = Home console system

Edited by James