Dreamcast: Half Life issues

There seems to be a memory issue with HL, even on blue shift, when you save the game many times, it increase by a whole lot, causing the VMU max to max out on space. Seriously this flaw is driving me nuts, I wanted to play this badly on dreamcast :o

any fix avaliable ?

There seems to be a memory issue with HL, even on blue shift, when you save the game many times, it increase by a whole lot, causing the VMU max to max out on space. Seriously this flaw is driving me nuts, I wanted to play this badly on dreamcast :(

any fix avaliable ?

Apparently it isn't a bug. I consulted my DC sources and they tell me that it is meant to be that way. The save does get progressively larger, like KOTOR. It is pretty rare afaik but it is meant to be. But given that the game wasn't 100% complete than it may have been something they might have worked on before full release but who knows?

So...no fix :huh:

I see..

well did you ever complete the game on dreamcast ? Hey I mean, if it's possible to finish the entire game with all that saving and such, then I don't see a problem. It shouldn't eat more than 200 blocks of memory.

I see..

well did you ever complete the game on dreamcast ? Hey I mean, if it's possible to finish the entire game with all that saving and such, then I don't see a problem. It shouldn't eat more than 200 blocks of memory.

I actually had the PS2 version before the DC version so I only poked around the first few levels on the DC. No way it would go over 200 I think. Only one way to find out...

...that is if you have the skill to beat it? :huh:

This is slighly off-topic, but i never could beat Nihilanth on the PS2 without resorting to cheats. Maybe I just suck at console FPSes...

Does the Dreamcast version have Decay?

Edited by Agozer

Actually, the saves dont get progressivley larger, the size goes up and down depending on how many variables there are, like dead bodies around you and such, if you dont have a memory card to dedicate to it, just run around and get farther untill the save size gets smaller, thats what i had to do for awhile.

You can use offbrand memory cards on this BTW, nothing important shows on the screen really.

Actually, the saves dont get progressivley larger, the size goes up and down depending on how many variables there are, like dead bodies around you and such, if you dont have a memory card to dedicate to it, just run around and get farther untill the save size gets smaller, thats what i had to do for awhile.

You can use offbrand memory cards on this BTW, nothing important shows on the screen really.