wc3 graphics help

Jjangthekid

I tried playing Warcraft 3 but while playing it always stops and goes..again and again. I updated all my drivers, directx, video card and there still are graphic glitches. I have windows xp, Geforce 4 64 mb. I checked the system requirements and my computer is good to go. I dont know what the problem is. Can anybody help me?

Yeah, that's rarely the best way to start. :(

You'll want to try turning the various graphics detail options down. Also, turning off the hardware 3D options in sound can make things run smoother if you have the option in wc3.

Beyond that, try checking the WC3 support forums and stuff. It sounds like something that more people have probably experienced. Things like this tend to pop up and get hammered down again pretty quickly by decent tech support.

Hey thanks for your feedbacks, unfortuntaely I have a Geforce 4 64mb card and that brought about alot of glitches and hangups (all the time) and so, like you guys said, I played around with the detail levels, screen resolution, refresh rate, patch, everything you can think of. So my last resort was to use my old Nvidia TNT 2 Pro card. This card works lot better than the Geforce 4 MX. I have the screen res to 800x600 , with HIgh and Medium details, and it runs fine, and without glitches.

So surprised that an old video card plays better compared to the newer version... =/