I need help, how do I add characters

surej

Hi, I am new to Mugen. I don't know how to add characters, I put them in the character folder. I also read about putting them in the def file and stuff.

I don't get it. Can some one please tell me how? That will be big help and I am a big Mugen fan. I heard that it's nice that you can download anything, stuff like that. Thanks.

Mod's Edit: Fixed grammar and a whole lot more. Next time, use proper punctuation and line breaks. Your style of writing hurts my brain. How can you expect anyone to help you when you type like that?

Edited by Agozer

• 9 months later...
Hi, I am new to Mugen. I don't know how to add characters, I put them in the character folder. I also read about putting them in the def file and stuff.

I don't get it. Can some one please tell me how? That will be big help and I am a big Mugen fan. I heard that it's nice that you can download anything, stuff like that. Thanks.

Mod's Edit: Fixed grammar and a whole lot more. Next time, use proper punctuation and line breaks. Your style of writing hurts my brain. How can you expect anyone to help you when you type like that?

When you download a character put it in the CHAR folder, then go to the DATA folder and open the file call SELECT go down until you see where it says insert characters here and add the character like this

"characters name" stage/"charactersname".def

lets say you download hulk, you put the hulk folder in the CHAR folder, then go to the DATA folder open the SELECT file and put thus under the "insert character here" sentenc, like this

hulk, stage/hulk.def

if you got winmugen you can just put hulk, it works for me.

if you dont understand then tell me what character you downloaded and I can give you a better explanation.

• 1 year later...
Guest metalbismark

WTF WITH THIS crap???....DO U MODS ALWAYS DO THIS KIND OF MMmmhh....Semi-Censore?? xD....wow u really are boring....ok i just wanted to say that....ooo and surej i hope some1 helps u man....i cant cuz im havin the same problem.... but since this happened like 2 years ago....maybe some1 already helped u....how can u guys keep a 2 year old topic O_o u guys really amaze me....and if u wanna reply to me...dont even bother i wont come back to this forum =D cya

PS: THIS FORUM flockING BITCHING UGLY DUMBY SUX!!!!!!!!!

Way to go, swearing and criticising those who DONATE their time to the upkeep of this place.

Like the real Bismark, you will sink without trace.

Suspended 30 days. Come back when you grow up dude.

Guest Bismarkwontsunk

hopefully im not the real bismark.....so i wont sink....i just wanted to say that...u guys still sux....u should stop doing that thing of the grammar....im not saying it to annoy it...im saying it...coz that kind of things are for...mmm nerds...ok cya