About This File
This is the Windows release! For Linux or Mac, please visit the official website.
PCSX2 is the top emulator for Playstation 2 available for the personal computer!
It has amazing compatibility, beautiful graphics, and truly makes the PS2 shine for the console it was on your desktop or laptop.
What's New in Version 1.0.0 r5350 See changelog
- After many long years of development, debugging and testing effort, we have reached a point where PCSX2 runs a great majority of the games, and there are no important issues that could possibly be fixed without requiring major modifications to the emulator.
- Because of that (and because we already felt it was overdue), we decided to stop thinking of new things to do for a bit, polish the stability, compatibility and existing features and release the result as the first major version of PCSX2!
- There have been tons of changes since the last release, including improvements to Jake Stine's wxWidgets GUI overhaul, cottonvibes' new multithreaded VU core and improvements on the primary plugins. This release is a big milestone that marks the way to new features and improvements!
- Excerpt of the latest changes for Windows -->
- Core: Video timing adjustments
- Core: microVU fixes for Metal Gear Solid 2 and others
- Core: General speedups
- Core: microVU speedup
- Core: New GIF unit that mimics the real one better
- Core: microVU elementary function bug fixed (affecting Valkyrie Profile 2, Radiata Stories and Star Ocean 3)
- Core: Implemented Multi-Threaded VU! A new speed hack with almost 100% compatibility with games, using a third core to run the VU1 unit separately
- Core: CDVD fixes (Time Crisis boots now)
- Core: Added support for progressive scan timings
- Core: Path 3 arbitration and timing refinements
- Core: Added Finnish, Malaysian, Korean, French, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese and Polish translations
- SPU2-X: Configurable output volume
- SPU2-X: Fixes to reverb
- SPU2-X: Various sound looping fixes
- SPU2-X: Improved time stretcher
- SPU2-X: Reverse phase audio quality improved
- GSdx: Fixed RGB mode movie recording
- GSdx: Texture cache change that fixes some black screening games
- GSdx: Implemented NVidia FXAA 3.10, page up key activates it
- GSdx: Better multithreading
- GSdx: Arc the Lad bad fog fix
- GSdx: Fixed shadows in software renderer
- GSdx: Implementation of GSdx "Shadeboost" project (saturation, brightness, contrast settings)
- GSdx: User configurable hacks in the GUI
- GSdx: Fixed flickering in many FMVs
- GSdx: Implementation of GSdx "Cutie" project (various extra CRC hacks)
- Lilypad: Pad state getting stuck with savestates bug fixed
- USBqemu: Revamped it a bit
- In addition to these changes we found a fixed several bugs that could lead to crashes in various situations. The PCSX2 executable has been built and tested with PGO optimizations enabled so it will be an extra 10% faster over regular SVN builds. We hope you enjoy this first major version release and have fun playing your games on it!
- With version 1.0.0 r5350: