About This File
This is the Windows release! For Linux or Mac, please visit the official website.
PCSX2 is the top emulator for Playstation 2 available for the personal computer!
It has amazing compatibility, beautiful graphics, and truly makes the PS2 shine for the console it was on your desktop or laptop.
What's New in Version 1.2.1 See changelog
- This bugfix release fixes Psychonauts and others that rely on correct MFIFO
- Windows:Core: microVU fixes for Dreamworks games, later Tony Hawks games, Evil Dead and others
- Windows:Core: Fixes to New GIF unit to solve regressions
- Windows:Core: microVU bugs fixed (affecting Extreme-G Racing and others)
- Windows:Core: CDVD fixes (Impossible Mission now boots)
- Windows:Core: Path 3 arbitration and timing refinements
- Windows:Core: MFIFO fixes for DDR games
- Windows:Core: Huge DMAC bug fix solving most of the problematic videos. (Baldurs Gate 2, Katamari Damacy and more)
- Windows:Core: Memory card support improved in many games, now supports PSX memory cards also Multitap support improved greatly
- Windows:Core: Many game fixes for COP2 problems inherent with emulation. (Ace Combat, Forbidden Siren and others)
- Windows:Core: VIF Unpack optimizations
- Windows:Core: Windows:Core: VU Delays added to fix the graphics of Snowblind engine games (Champions of Norrath, Baldurs Gate 2)
- Windows:Core: Various other game specific fixes in GameDB
- Windows:Core: NVM file creation (if one doesn't exist) now fills in iLink ident. (Age of Empires 2)
- Windows:SPU2-X: Improved DMA system
- Windows:SPU2-X: Fixes to reverb
- Windows:SPU2-X: Improved time-stretcher recovery on extreme speed changes.
- Windows:SPU2-X: Portaudio (providing WASAPI in Windows, ALSA/+OSS in Linux) now supported and the default output module. Latencies with this mode are lower than other modules
- Windows:GSdx: Improved adapter selection for detecting of videocards
- Windows:GSdx: CLUT (Color LookUp Table) fixes for games such as Disney Golf
- Windows:GSdx: Texture Offset options added to help improve upscaling artifacts
- Windows:GSdx: OpenGL mode added (Experimental currently)
- Windows:GSdx: Various CRC hacks
- Windows:GSdx: Hack for NVIDIA cards, solves problems with stretching on drivers above 320.18
- Windows:GSdx: New shader resources! Complete PCSX2 FX Revised 2.0 by Asmodean has been integrated
- Windows:DEV9ghzdrk: Improved support for online play and make the users MAC address unique.
- Linux:Core: Support for external patch (pnach) files
- Linux:OnePad changes: Bugfixes for multiple button presses
- Linux:OnePad changes: Bugfixed memory leaks
- Linux:ZZogl: Added support for MESA drivers
- Linux:ZZogl: Bump OpenGL requirement to 3.0 with floating texture
- Linux:ZZogl: Various OpenGL fixes
- Linux:SPU2-X: Added SDL Backend