About This File
FCEUX is a Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), Famicom, and Famicom Disk System (FDS) emulator. It supports both PAL (European) and NTSC (USA/JPN) modes. It supports both Windows and SDL versions for cross compatibility.
The FCEUX concept is that of an "all in one" emulator that offers accurate emulation and the best options for both casual play and a variety of more advanced emulator functions. For pro users, FCEUX offers tools for debugging, rom-hacking, map making, Tool-assisted movies, and Lua scripting
FCEUX is an evolution of the original FCE Ultra emulator. Over time FCE Ultra had separated into many distinct branches.
The concept behind FCEUX is to merge elements from FCEU Ultra, FCEU rerecording, FCEUXD, FCEUXDSP, FCEUXDSP CE, and FCEU-mm into a single branch of FCEU.
As the X implies, it is an all-encompassing version of the FCEU emulator that provides the best of all worlds for the general player, the ROM-hacking community, and the Tool-Assisted Speedrun Community.
What's New in Version 2.2.1 See changelog
- Common: Speed up HUD text drawing
- Emulation: Finished mappers to boards conversion
- Emulation: Fixed mappers 99, 228, 18, 198, 24, 26, 69, 19
- Emulation: Mapper 115 - redesign according to the hardware tests
- Emulation: Fixed "you ling xing dong" by assigning to mapper 192
- Emulation: Fixed crash when four-screen bit is set after CRC check
- Emulation: UNIF: verbose/safe chunk loading, fixes some crashes
- Lua: Removed "shadow pixels" from gui.text()
- Lua: New Lua functions:
- Lua: gui.parsecolor()
- Lua: New scripts:
- Lua: JumpingFCEUXWindow.lua
- Win32: Fixed "Enter New Input" dialog (Hotkeys mapping)
- Win32: Fixed zapper and mouse positioning in fullscreen
- Win32: Remodel "Video config" dialog
- Win32: Added "TV Aspect (4:3)"
- Win32: Holding Shift when resizing FCEUX window inverts "Force integral factors" meaning
- Win32: Fixed window regions redrawing
- Win32: Added the option to define custom emulation speed (NES->Emulation Speed->Set Custom Speed)
- Win32: Now Frame Advance timings (initial delay and speed) can be tweaked by user
- Win32: Added Config->Enable->Auto-resume old play session
- Win32: Moved "Config->Game Genie" to "Config->Enable->Game Genie ROM"
- Win32: Play movie dialog shows New PPU in red if the required setting does not match
- Win32: Fixed NameTable Viewer crash when the corresponding nametable RAM is not available on the cart
- Win32: The number of active cheats is displayed on screen when a ROM is loaded
- Win32: PPU/PAL/Input type changing is disabled when a movie is playing
- TAS Editor: Fixed keyboard accelerators when editing Notes
- TAS Editor: Fixed Greenzone saving while emulator is unpaused
- TAS Editor: Fixed drawing bugs when the Playback cursor moves more than once within one update
- TAS Editor: Changed "Compact save" dialog, added 4 options of Greenzone saving
- TAS Editor: Added "Config->Project file saving options"
- TAS Editor: Changed "Follow cursor" logic, now the Piano Roll doesn't follow Playback cursor while seeking
- TAS Editor: No "Autopause at the end of the Movie" when Recording
- TAS Editor: Fixed bug when adding new item to History Log
- TAS Editor: Fixed Bookmarks List height on Windows 7
- Trace Logger: Fixed RAM-located code logging when CDLogger options are enabled
- Trace Logger: Fixed automatic window update when a breakpoint is hit
- Trace Logger: Fixed RTS padding
- Trace Logger: Code/Data Logger
- Trace Logger: Added current CDL filename field and default CDL naming
- Trace Logger: Added "Auto-save .CDL when closing ROMs" option
- Trace Logger: Added "Auto-load .CDL when opening the window" option
- Trace Logger: Added "Auto-resume logging when loading ROMs" option
- Trace Logger: Improved CHR logging, now it also logs the data when using Old PPU
- Hex Editor: Show symbolic names in the window caption when "Symbolic debug" is enabled
- Hex Editor: Fixed crash when trying to save ROM to an invalid path
- Hex Editor: Fixed ROM coloring when using CDLogger data
- RAM Search: Added "Search ROM" option
- Cheats: Added "Add from CHT file..." button
- Cheats: Update the list of cheats when ROM is changed
- SDL: Use desktop resolution for fullscreen by setting SDL.XResolution and SDL.YResolution to 0 (new default is 0)
- SDL: Fixed bug where "quit" hotkey would do nothing in '--nogui' mode
- SDL: Fixed fullscreen zapper issues
- SDL: Display a message dialog on errors in addition to printing to stderr
- SDL: Added "Options->Auto-Resume Play"
- SDL: Fixed build issues on various versions of OS X
- With version 2.2.1: