Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Capcom vs. Snk 1 or 2?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Gryph

Gryph

The K Man

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 14,666 posts
Click to view battle stats
What arcade system do CvS 1 and/or 2 use? And does anyone know if it will be emulated anytime soon because I actually enjoy those games a lot. SVC Chaos rules and I loved CvS 1 and 2 on console.

So does anyone know if they will be emulated anytime soon? I know that SF3 is a long way off because the CPS3 system is hard as hell to crack.

Weirdy

Weirdy

life...is like a box of chocolates

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 7,291 posts
CvS 1, CvS2, and CvSpro all run on NAOMI hardware which won't be emulated for a long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long time

Agozer

Agozer

Board Script AI | 16-bit Corpse | The Mummy

• User Admin
  • 19,839 posts
  • Interests:Video games, plain and simple.
CvS2 Use NAOMI. CvS1 and CvS Pro uses Playstation hardware... Two different things. Or am I just talking out of my ass?

Weirdy

Weirdy

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 7,291 posts
you're talking out of your ass I'm afraid, cause there were ARCADE VERSIONS of CvS1 and CvS Pro(japanese arcade only I think)

Agozer

Agozer

• User Admin
  • 19,839 posts

you're talking out of your ass I'm afraid, cause there were ARCADE VERSIONS of CvS1 and CvS Pro(japanese arcade only I think)

Ahhh, of course, you were talking about the arcade versions. :-D

Weirdy

Weirdy

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 7,291 posts
yeah, but anyways, the arcade version for pro only came out in japan I think

Gryph

Gryph

The K Man

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 14,666 posts

CvS 1, CvS2, and CvSpro all run on NAOMI hardware which won't be emulated for a long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long time

:)

That sucks! Is the hardware that hard to decrypt?! What about CPS3? I know that will take a lot of time.

How many years is a long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long time? Like 3 years...4 years...20 years?

Oh well. Atleast I have nice NeoGeo to keep me busy ^_^

Agozer

Agozer

• User Admin
  • 19,839 posts
CPS-3 has a PCB coupled with a DVD type disc (GDROM?) The disc does all the decryption (or was it the other way around?). There are dumped CPS-3 games but no emulators to run them.

Basically, you'd need the actual ROM dump + an ISO of some kind working in tandem.

EDIT: The disc contains the game and the PCB the decryption routines and other vital instructions (and some other game data).

The CPS-3 has a SCSI CD ROM (the disc), the PCB holds RAM and Flash RAM.

Edited by Agozer, 31 December 2003 - 09:29 PM.

Weirdy

Weirdy

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 7,291 posts
not to mention that NAOMI hardware is basically a dreamcast but bigger and more powerfull(waaay more powerful). You expect naomi to be emulated if dreamcast isn't?

Agozer

Agozer

• User Admin
  • 19,839 posts

not to mention that NAOMI hardware is basically a dreamcast but bigger and more powerfull(waaay more powerful). You expect naomi to be emulated if dreamcast isn't?

You're so right. :lol: Something like this should be crystal clear, but apparently it's not...

Gryph

Gryph

The K Man

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 14,666 posts
This is depressing. I read about the NAOMI specs earlier today and was amazed. I didn't know it was that powerful. And just think, a lot more great games will come out for that and it'll be forever till we can play it :lol:

I wonder how much longer Playmore is going to use the NeoGeo system...I hope forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users