NeoGensPlusGX v1b07 - A multicore emu. Madmab Edition. A XtecuterX73 and Madmab collaboration.
Emulates - Sega Genesis/Megadrive, 32X, SegaCD/MegaCD, Sega Master System, Game Gear, SG-1000, SC-3000, SF-7000, MK3 Emulator
Cores - Gens (Neogenesis), Genesis Plus GX, and possibly Meka.
* Updated to madmab edition interface CFv1b27. See "Interface Changelog.txt"
* Fixed up detection of redump.org images some more (grrrr).
* Game SFX volume is no longer saved with non CD game configurations for both cores.
* Some tweaks to the allocation/deallocation of various things to help allieve some memory issues (and crashes) for those using the PM3 skin. I personally recommend dumping the PM3 skin, it is a memory hog.
* Genesis Plus GX v1.12b *
* Core updated to all changes up to 06/30/17. See below changelog.
* When copying backward, use memmove instead of memcpy.
* improved 68k auto-vectored interrupts acknowledge cycle timings accuracy (fixes background color corruption in Bubsy).
* fixed Z80 interrupt duration (fixes music running too fast in Bomb on Basic City homebrew).
* fixed 68k cycle counter Power-ON value (verified on real hardware).
* fixed 68k undocumented behaviors for ABCD/SBCD/NBCD instructions (thanks to flamewing for his test ROM).
* minor optimization to 68k read/write handlers
* removed stack access optimizations to prevent unintentional (or intentional) ROM corruption
* improved XE-1AP controller emulation.
* improved control pad emulation (verified on real hardware).
* fixed 4 Way-Play adapter compatibility mode (fixes multitape detection in CD games).
* improved PSG accuracy (fixes high-frequency aliasing noises in Captain Silver, Kenseiden, Phantasy Star & many other SMS games, thanks to Enik for the help).
* optimized Blip Buffer implementation for stereo streams (thanks to David Knight for original idea).
* rewrote PSG core from scratch & replaced deprecated "PSG boost noise" option with optional Hiqh Quality PSG resampling.
* improved accuracy of SN76489 core.
* fixed YM2612 LFO PM implementation (block & keyscale code should not be modifiedby LFO).
* fixed Timer B overflow handling.
* minor YM2612 optimization.
* fixed PSG power-on latched register (verified on VA4 MD1 hardware)
* confirmed register $0A default state on reset.
* fixed spurious 8K-16K VRAM switching when reloading SG-1000 context + minor optimizations.
* fixed Master System II extended video modes sprite parsing (fixes Mega Man 2 demo).
* fixed issues caused by screen width change during active display (Golden Axe 3 intro, Ultraverse Prime).
* improved VDP status timing accuracy.
* fixed Mode 4 sprite Y wrapping in various screen height modes (fixes VDP Test ROM / Fantastic Dizzy).
* disabled sprite rendering during border when borders are not disabled (fixes wrong sprite collision detection in Racer homebrew game when borders are disabled).
* fixed first frame VINT occurrence.
* improved FIFO emulation accuracy
* improved DMA timing accuracy during blanking (verified on real hardware by Mask of Destiny)
* minor changes to CDD status codes.
* fixed AUDIO tracks length calculation when using separated files (WAV/OGG/BIN) with INDEX pause defined in CUE file.
* fixed bootable cartridge (mode-1) corrupting loaded CD BIOS.
* increased CD dive latency (fixes Earnest Evens).
* improved PAL Mega CD timing accuracy.
* CD struct area should only be touched when emulated since it's shared with large ROM (> 8MB) buffer area.
* improved CDD "play" command accuracy (fixes "Snatcher" Act 2 starting cutscene).
* CD timings should be initialized during CD hardware initialization (fixes broken Mode 1 support).
* fixed access to Sub-CPU "read-only" communication registers (fixes Round 5 Boss freeze in Streets of Rage / Sega Classics Arcade Collection).
* fixed WAV file detection to support files generated by Audacity/FFmpeg/libavformat with RIFF header metadata chunks.
* fixed regression introduced with first version of SF-001 mapper.
* improved I2C EEPROM boards emulation.
* fixed large ROM (> 8MB) loading accidentally enabling CD hardware emulation.
* fixed incorrect I2C EEPROM board detection for SRAM-patched hacks (Wonder Boy in Monster World, Megaman - The Willy Wars / Rockman Mega World).
* Correct fix (ROM type field is actually not part of product code).
* enable official bank-switching mapper by default (fixes Sonic VR hack).
* improved SVP memory handlers accuracy (fixes Virtua Racing debug mode).
* fixed SRAM initialization for Sonic 1 Remastered hack.
* fixed SRAM header date.
* adjusted ZRAM access wait-state delay (fixes Puyo Puyo 2 option menu exit).
* fixed 68k read memory handler
* fixed 4MB ROM support.
* improved Japanese Master System I/O chip (315-5297) emulation (verified on real hardware by Charles MacDonald).
* added support for Star Soldier & Pippols SMS Power dumps.
* Neogenesis v25.18b *
* Fixed issue where on bin/cue or Redump Sega CD games.. When pausing the game in game (start) and un-pausing the game then the music would not unpause. (examples are: Heart Of The Alien, Batman Returns, Ecco 1 and 2, Earth Worm Jim Special and Eternal Champions)
* Fixed long standing issue where on cue/iso/mp3 Sega CD games running on a share.. When pausing the game in game (start) and un-pausing the game then the xbox would hang (stuck in a loop). This one goes waaaay back. (examples are: Heart Of The Alien, Batman Returns, Ecco 1 and 2, Earth Worm Jim Special and Eternal Champions)