Movies on GBA?

igbeserk

Hey

me and my friend was talkign about something.

Is it possible to add a movie file or a clip or soemthing to a gameboy advance flash card by liek converting it from such as a avi to a gba format. because im thinking it should be possible since games like golden sun and others have cut scenes intros and such that are like anime style i was playing love hina and the intro is just like the cartoon so im wondering is there a way to? liek maybe using the 1gb flash card?

well no actually you cant, because those are actually rendered models and drawn frames your seeing on the GBA not movie files

but there is that thing that lets you watch TV on it.....hmmm..maybe if you screwed around with the TV thing and got it to input video from the flash cart somhow and....

nah thats WAY to complicated hehe....

• 2 weeks later...
well no actually you cant, because those are actually rendered models and drawn frames your seeing on the GBA not movie files

but there is that thing that lets you watch TV on it.....hmmm..maybe if you screwed around with the TV thing and got it to input video from the flash cart somhow and....

nah thats WAY to complicated hehe....

:blink: that's complete and total bullcrap man.

there's a converter that actually works

http://cellularmobilephones.com/gba_net/Avi-2-GBA.zip

but it has video compatibility issues.

so I recommend getting a cracked version of winmpg and virtual dub

well, ive never used the program above, but there is something similar to what you are describing already out, or coming out (not sure which). one is a series of cartoon episodes put out by 4kids entertainment, which come on gba carts, and you guessed it, are for watchng on your gba. also, someone else is releasing gba carts with hour long animated movies on them. so, if the big boys can do it, theres gotta be a way for us to. :blink:

ps- if you want more info, heres the article which i posted on my, now dead, forums.

I've also heard about this and have seen small clips and stuff to upload to your GBA. I never have tried it, I'd like to see some video clips or screenshots of it though.