Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

VESA drivers to run MUGEN(NOOB HELP)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

neofoxx

neofoxx

Beginner

• Members
  • 11 posts
Click to view battle stats

When I try to run MUGEN it gives me an error "Can't change video mode", even when I hit "yes" to switch to 640x480.
What does it mean?
==============================================

You need VESA drivers to run MUGEN. It's recommended you run in VESA2,
since that is usually faster for 16-bit colour. Check readme.txt for
more info on tweaking your graphics settings.  The default setting for
MUGEN is 320x240 in 16-bit color, using VESA2 in linear mode. Older
video cards may need to use banked mode, so be sure to check. Some VESA
drivers such as Scitech Display Doctor (http://www.scitechsoft.com) may
need linear mode manually enabled. Please do not contact us for help
regarding VESA drivers.

I READ THIS NOW WHERE DO I GRT THESE "VESA DRIVERS" AND YES I AM A NOOB THANKS PLZ HELP

Alpha

Alpha

Your Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla!

• Admin
  • 7,451 posts
  • Interests:Face to face interaction, women, and some old games.
It seems you tryed the steps from MGBR to get it working correct? The reason why I know your NOT using the Hacked Edition is because I set the Hacked Edition to automatically load by 640x480, so you would never get that message. Try our Mugen Hacked Edition @ http://www.1emulatio...?showtopic=2553

Masenka

Masenka

Beginner

• Members
  • 13 posts
I tried the hacked edition, the normal windows edition, and some other versions and they all have the same problem, i'm not a nOOb i've been in the mugen scene for some time and i just need to know if there's a way to download VESA drivers, or a driver emulator or something because my Intel Extreme Integrated Graphics Card doesn't have VESA drivers and the website doesn't have any

Alpha

Alpha

Your Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla!

• Admin
  • 7,451 posts
  • Interests:Face to face interaction, women, and some old games.
Hmm.. another graphics card incompatible I guess, thats 2. It seems to all be revolving under INTEL Graphics Cards. I'll be researching your problem and will be looking for a solution soon. :(

ken_cinder

ken_cinder

Cyborg Admin

• User Admin
  • 4,484 posts
  • Interests:Everything
Use the configurator and in the mugen.cfg change Vesa mode to something else (Or manually change it in the mugen.cfg, w/e suits your fancy) Vesa mode 1 works fine for me.

c_murder_thekiller

c_murder_thekiller

Beginner

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Women, games, weight-lifting, spending time with family, accounting, and drawing (but I hardly ever do that anymore).
That won't work...trust me. We will have to wait on a new hack verison that will support INTEL Graphics Cards (or a new MUGEN from Elecbyte...bah ha ha haaaaa)

Masenka

Masenka

Beginner

• Members
  • 13 posts
he's rite we just have to wait on a new hacked version, Elecbyte ain't releasin a windows version of MUGEN for a while or ever, they jus say they're working on it :-/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users