Championship manager 4 [CM4]

emsley

Hi dudes emsley is here to save your butt from relegation :lol:

First i will mention a few things about the game then ill give you some links for your stuff to make your exsperiance a little more enjoyabile :lol:

This game has a gazzillion buGz a very poor affair indeed patches are out

and one came out on day one here is the first patch you need to even make the game remotely enjoyabile.

http://www.cm4rums.com/403_enhance.exe Patch one.

This fixes Ovbious bugz those tossers at si games or whatever SHOULD never have overlooked this stuff and the testers also.

File size 5meg ruffly.

Patch two is on its way and before the end of the month i will bang it up in this thread when i get my hands on it.

If you need help with tactics, trainning or anything else ask and i shall anser it for you anything to do with championship manager 4 i am your dude or something like that :?

Hahaha i need no tactics help as i am the experience pro champ man!!!!!

Any how, can u shed some light on the bugs before i shell out the cash??

I have the demo, but havnt got very far, tho i havnt seen any bugs so far.,

Im not too keen on the "match" either

I need no help - Ive been playing this series since 93 on the Amiga, each version has had a formation that rules, and i think im close to cracking it for CM4 already. However if you know how to install the logo packs (displays club logo on top right of screen) then Im all ears, because the instructions supplied are incorrect!

As for the bugs, although they are numerous none of them are serious (that Ive noticed) EP1 sorts most of them anyway.

Now they just need to fix the throw-in bug and Im happy (at the moment)

I like it but I probably won't play it again till the next patch is out.

The major bugs that I found were (and oh boy are they MAJOR)

1. IF you make tactical changes in the 2nd half, your 2nd half goals disappear :)

2. All the teams in the league have a WWWWWWWW record, no matter if they win lose or draw.

3. All my teams goals seem to come from strikers. It needs to be way more balanced

4. Nobody will buy ANY of my players, even star players for hardly any money.

I love the new 2d engine but I think I will stick to 01/02 for now.

Check out the sigames.com forums for all the rest that I haven't experienced so far.

the throw in bug was horribile with the demo.

And is still there in the real game.

How manytimes do you see a side just throw the ball to the oponeant because there is nobody upfront :)

The patch fixes a lot of horribile quirks. about 80- to be exzact.

Its a pitty we can not add attchements because we could exchange tactics i hjave a supereb 4--3--3-- for leeds.

The next patch is going to attempt speed issues or so i have read.

I have seen how to put the clubs logo within champ manager ill track the topic down in a forum were i saw it and pos it up.

Emsley, I saw your e-mail in the other topic so Ill send you my 4-1-2-1-2 and you can reply with yours - im always up for giving new tactics a try, however i think the bigger issue this time round is the training schedules if you wanna peek at mine give us a shout and ill send them.

DreamCastLover, Ihavent got the bug regarding the form guide, but a couple of your other bugs interest me, I can still score after changing tactics in the second half, but I definately appear to score less goals if the 2d engine is running, how about you?

I dont agree with the foreward scoring theory but the bias is definately not right, after 6 games with Man Utd my total stands;

Kluivert 9

Van Nistelrooy 2

Veron 2

Keane 1

So far Beckham hasnt had a single free kick on target (not right!)

But the most annoying thing for me is during 2d mode the play never switches wings directly, even if the recipient is not marked and in line of sight.

Finally Baseley - if youre interested Kluivert is still over a goal a game!

DreamCastLover, Ihavent got the bug regarding the form guide, but a couple of your other bugs interest me, I can still score after changing tactics in the second half, but I definately appear to score less goals if the 2d engine is running, how about you?

I dont agree with the foreward scoring theory but the bias is definately not right, Finally Baseley - if youre interested Kluivert is still over a goal a game!

Yeah, I notice a distinct change in the way the game goes when you watch it in 2d match mode as well. The 2nd half bug happened 3 times in one season. I know it's not much but still...it's bloody annoying. Some of the bugs that I haven't had yet sound pretty bad. I'm amazed the game got released like it was but I guess that was probably Eidos putting pressure on Sports Interactive. Anyway, all champ games go through that evolution process from being buggy at the start, lots of patches and then its finally the amazing game you expect.

Had to play as barca as well so i could offer him to myself, the boy just wasnt intersted in playing for ManU - however get this, after he signed i get a press quote saying how eager he was to play under me and how he thought he could assist in my search for silverware. I just needed to see if he still scored in every game!

And yeah this game is gonna be outstanding in a couple of seasons if it follows a similar path to cm3

Lol, is it too early to talk about regenerated players? :)

Kluivert till on mental amount of goals syndrome eh??...............

i think Barca should be "toned down", cause they are week really these days, i dont wanna see Kluivert scoring 60 goals a season fo them as usuall.

On the plus side Beattie at Southampton is looking good this time.

Hes a goal a game at Southampton and my scouts are screaming recommendations - roll on January when the transfer window opens!

Also a lot of the Scandinavians are still great (good on the transfer budget)

So far Ive spotted Magne Hoseth and Mads Jorgensen still looking excellent (an excellent pair of wingers!)