Sultan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.6

P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9

ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2.

Though only the first one should matter.

Well, what settings do you use for video then? You know, Off-Screen Drawing, Framebuffer effects/uploads, the works.

Next, what video card do you use? Finally, are you running the games from the CD, from ePSXe's 'Load ISO' or via mounted CD images?

Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.6

P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9

ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2.

Though only the first one should matter.

Well, what settings do you use for video then? You know, Off-Screen Drawing, Framebuffer effects/uploads, the works.

Next, what video card do you use? Finally, are you running the games from the CD, from ePSXe's 'Load ISO' or via mounted CD images?

1, 0, and 1 for the offscreen drawing and framebuffer options, respectively.

Internal resolutions I have set at 1: High.

I have some sort of NVidia graphics card (I think. I posted it under a thread involving the construction of this computer. I might look it up later).

I ripped my games from their CDs to avoid nasty load times and skipping due to scratched CDs. So Load Iso.

For great justice, use at least the basic Framebuffer effects emulation. For even greater justice, mount your images with DT. Just try it for kicks. ePSXe's direct ISO loading code is far from perfect,

That changed a few things, but didn't actually fix anything. :\

The map in FFT is still missing sometimes, other times it's works or is faded, and other times the top half of the map is corrupted. :\ The menus are clean now though.

I've also tried Dragon Warrior 7, and can't get that to work past the title screen.

FF7 doesn't appear to have anything wrong with its graphics, but the sound is a problem. Some sound effects are distorted.

Saga Frontier is working properly, save for the distorted sfx, just like FF7.

Thank you for your continued support. :P

Try Pete's OpenGL 1.x plugin. It usually fixes thingsfor cards that don't like OGL2 for whatever reason. What graphic card do you have anyway? I suggest you also try other SPU plugins. ePSXe sometimes takes a bit of work to get working smoothly on different hardware configurations.

In the worst case scenario, I think that your images might be borked (but let's not throw away all hope yet).

Yeah, FFVII's sound effects are all messed up. I got to the Shinra tower with my emulator (I was using the copy I bought from the store, because ePSXe allows you to play original discs), and the sound distortions forced me to put it down.

Try Final Fantasy Anthology, if you absolutely must go for FF games. While I couldn't input the blitz attack against Vargas with my FFVI disc, (A friend, who had beaten the PSX version and laughed at my seeming inability to do the attack, which he said was simple, was unable to do it, either), FFV is a blast. If you're one of those stupid fanboys who thinks Sony raped and butchered the translation, then go download a Japanese version of the SNES ROM, with the English patch.

It's weird that in the PAL version of Final Fantasy VI, the Blitzes are *extremely* easy to pull off, while in the SNES version they're almost impossible without the aid of predefined combo buttons.

• 1 month later...

I'm prepared to admit that while FF7 might be my all time favorite video game, it also might not stand the test of time gameplay wise. But that put to paper, just about anything made by Square from 98-2000 is choice gaming, bearing in mind the underlauded Parasite Eve. Somewhat limited in its depth but a real vivid esthetic.

Edited by iamjack